Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS 19" wheel option

46K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
You can get staggered 19" wheels (19x8F 19x9R) on the ATS regardless of which package you choose. Except 19" are not available on any AWD ATS Model (see page 9 in PDF below). That means you could buy a standard model or any RWD model ATS and still get the 19" Wheels.

Still deciding on which model I want but the 2.0T Standard 6spd Manual with Sunroof and 19x8F 19x9R is sounding really good to me and my wallet!

Link:
http://www.gmcaad.com/launch-kits/ats-launch-kit.pdf

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Cadillac cts Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel

See less See more
#16 ·
Wonder what the suede (hope its really alcantera) steering wheel will cost. Or what any of the accessories will cost at a discount GM dealer parts (if accessories are even sold by parts departments). There was a GMC Buick dealer in the midwest that sold GM parts for dirt cheap, some not much more than 50% MSRP. It dried up when the guy who created the department retired and the General Manager closed it down. I know of a Ford dealer like that now (Tousley). Sure would like to find a GM dealer like that again now that I'll be driving a GM product for the 1st time since the late '90s.

#22 ·
Thanks for posting this information I have been looking for pricing for these wheels. Looks like a set will run $2196.00 plus tax thats not as bad as I thought.

PART NO. MSRP BRAND/MODEL
19 Inch Wheels - AB462 - 19 Inch x 8 Inch Front Wheel - Sporty 5 Split-Spoke, Ultra Bright Machined Face with Sterling Silver Premium Painted Pockets
19299354 $549.00 Cadillac/ATS

19 Inch Wheels - AB466 - 19 Inch x 9 Inch Rear Wheel - Sporty 5 Split-Spoke, Ultra Bright Machined Face with Sterling Silver Premium Painted Pockets
19299360 $549.00 Cadillac/ATS

#45 ·
I have been running 19s on my coupe for over a year now and the ride quality is just fine. I did go a bit wider (8 /12 and 9 1/2) so that may help.

The only time I really notice a difference in handling is when I hit small pot holes.

----------

Because they are designed as a staggered set-up, which in time would put stress on differential and transfer case. As mentioned, 4 fronts would work, but almost all AWD cars must have 4 equal corners.
If that is true why does the ATS Coupe AWD come with a staggered set-up?

front: 225/40R18 x 8
rear: 255/35R18 x 9

#31 ·
I read that these wheels are not compatible with AWD ATS. I'd assume that is because of the staggered width and offsets. Do you suppose if you bought all 4 wheels of the same type (ie:, all 4 wheels in 19" x 8 or all 4 wheels in 19" x 9" it would be OK to use them in that config on an AWD ATS? I haven't been able to find the data to compare them completely to the 18" wheel that is compatible with AWD.

#32 ·
You can run these wheels with no issues on your AWD offset is fine , what you need to make sure is to keep the your front to back diameters as close as possible (225F 255R) to keep ride quality on 19s the best thing you can do is get rid of the run flats first second is to upsize your tires 235F 265R

That being said a staggered setup is for show only and you'll have better handling keeping all rim same size , the best thing you could do is to get 4 19x8s and put some 235/35/19s all around

and by the way they're now at $395 each with free shipping at http://gmpartscenter.net

#34 ·
I'm new to the ATS world as I just got my car (RWD,Turbo) this week , however I have had and still have various AWD vehicles From BMW, Subaru and AUdi and have ran everything from square (4 equal corners) 16s in winter on the Audi to staggered 19s with aggressive offset on my 2 335xi

My Plan for the ATS is 215/50/17 Michelin X-Ice on the OEM rims in winter and 245/40/18 Non Runflats on 18x8.5 or 18X9 rims for summer

#35 ·
Where are they 4k? They are no more than $400 a wheel everywhere I've found them....so more like $2400 for a factory warrantied wheel sounds pretty good. Assuming there a cast forged, that's pretty average. And like that you can get staggered, and 19....20 is too big, 18 too small in my opinion...rear offset is pretty decent as well.

#36 ·
I'm currently working on a deal for a 14 ATS AWD Performance in Tri-black Diamond with red morello interior and would love to put a set of the 19's in black gloss on it.

Does anybody have any info as to why gm is stating that they aren't compatible with the AWD? Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated. My dealer is currently looking into it but I'd figure I'd post the question here.

Thanks all.

Edit: a letter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.