Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Considering transferring lease and getting out of XTS Platinum - Interested?

7K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  docjay 
#1 ·
I've got a really bad back (lots of stuff going on in there) and if my shoes and chairs that I use are not suitable for my height, frame, etc., then it flares up pretty badly. I am not sure if its the XTS seats or a bunch of new shoes that I've recently bought that is causing the pain, but I'm trying wearing my old shoes to see if it helps. I am suspicious, though, that the seats of the XTS are not good for my condition either. I contacted some companies that help get you out of a lease and I may go that route, but thought I'd offer it here first.

You don't put anything down and take over the payments. The transfer happens through Ally and transfers to your name. The car is practically brand new, only 1800 miles on it, black/black platinum series (higher end leather, suede headliner, two-tone interior, all options) with spare tire. If you think this is something you'd be interested in, send me a PM. My payments are $773.75/month and you're allowed 30,157 miles total. You'd have 32 months left on the lease. Zero down payment but Ally charges a $595 transfer fee.

#2 ·
If you like the car otherwise, why no try one of those insertible back supports. The shop in Tulsa that sold tempurpedic mattresses also sold a variety of chairs, pads, cushions, etc. for problem backs. I bought a firm mesh back support for a friend who is on the road selling insurance. She said it was a God-send for her....

#4 ·
OMG someone with the same problem as me. I just got an XTS and my back and neck are in constant pain and it's clearly from the way the seat/headrest are aligned. I also have to get out of this lease because of this pain and I don't know how. Did you have any success? The dealer says I have to pay them $8775 to give it back to them. i can't imagine doing that. Did you get out of your lease or find anything to help your back?? I hope you are doing better and I'd appreciate any advice you could give!! Thank you!!

#5 ·
In the last 5 years or so, GM and other companies have moved the head restraints forward so there's less room for your head to flap around in a collision. It's too far forward for me--in the CTS and Enclave et al that I've tried, the restraint hits me in the base of the neck, even when fully extended (I'm tall in the trunk, tho' not big in the booty). I was hoping the XTS and ATS restraints were adjustable backwards, but it looks like they only move forward. Is that the case?

Who designs these things, and why just for 95% of the populace?

Unless you sit in your car half the day, I don't see how 1800 miles in 4 months could bother your back. I've had an intermittently sore disk since slinging shovels of heavy clay in 1987. The best thing for it I've found is walking 30-40 minutes a day at a quick pace.

#7 ·
Hey sraiman,

Sorry that you're having the same problem. I have not yet found the solution despite trying 3 different lumbar supports and cushions, but we need to find something to sit on. For me, it's going nothing to do with the neck/headrest or the back, but there is no cushion below your butt --> sciatica!

I did just receive something I ordered from Amazon and will take it down to my car after work. I'm using it today on my office chair and it seems great. I'll let you know.

Everything else has failed. And by the way, unless you want to get really frustrated, don't bother emailing Katie about anything. You'll get something back that is almost as good as an automated response saying she's sorry to hear about that and to contact your dealer for more help.

ral1960: I can see why you can't see how 1800 miles worth can exacerbate problems. But trust me, even a cheap, poorly made sofa can throw out a bad back after 30 minutes of use. I expected more out of my >$60,000 car. I swap cars with my wife (Mercedes) and back pain is gone after a couple of days. Then I switch back and 1-2 days later, it's painful.

Cheers.

#8 ·
Hey docjay,

Thanks so much for your reply! I totally feel your pain. I bought a cushion for my back from Brookstone today and my fingers are crossed. Right now my back is in such spasm from driving the car TO Brookstone that I can't yet tell if it will work. But you are right. I actually knew after 15 minutes of driving the car that I had a BIG problem. It happens so quickly it's incredible. The issue for me is not the seat, my butt feels fine on it. It's my upper back that feels like it's forced into an unnatural posture that puts insane pressure on my neck muscles. It is so depressing to be spending 700 dollars a month for this. Thanks for the advice about Katie. I already knew not to bother...I filed a case immediately with Cadillac Customer Service and they rejected my request to cancel the lease. It took 2 weeks to go through the whole process and they couldn't care less and were useless. I contacted them after only one week with the car and I told the dealer immediately. But no one can or is willing to help. You're lucky you can swap cars with your wife. I'm solo and it is really tough. If it doesn't get better I'm going to have to pay the dealer the $8775 to take back the car :( Stay in touch!!

#13 ·
Unfortunately, Brookestone's upper and butt cushion didn't do the trick for me. I'm using some gel pad that I bought from Amazon since my last post and it's the closest thing to relief for me (http://www.amazon.com/GSeat-MOBILITY-Wheelchair-Gel-Cushion/dp/B000X2DOJE/) It's not the answer, but it does the job until my lease is up in 2.5 years. I can't get out of my lease through those third parties (swapalease, leasetrader, etc.) because if the new person who takes over the lease doesn't pay, it goes on MY credit and I'M liable.

#11 ·
Thank-you for your candor. I've done the same exact thing.

Some people have the time to scrutinize every decision ad nauseum and other people have to make alot of big and important decisions regularly; to the degree that by necessity, said person has to temper their resources and make many 'gut' calls. If you fall into the latter, there is increased downside risk.

I'll take the latter anyday. :D

#14 ·
Thats gonna be a hard lease to move. There are tons of national promotions running on the XTS for $499 or so. You might want to try leasetrader.com or swapalease.com to see if there is any interest. You might also have to give the buyer an upfront credit to take the lease from you.

#15 ·
sraiman said:
Good question. Because I'm a moron and didn't test drive the car. That's why. :) I've had Cadillac's before and assumed it would be a great ride, which it is. LOL.
I did the same and didn't drive the car! After signing the paperwork and driving the XTS less than 3 miles, I had to take it back because the transmission and transfer case needed replaced. However, in my case, Cadillac and the dealer went above and beyond to make it right.

#17 ·
Hey,

Glad to hear you found at least some form of release. The back cushion from brookstone works for me, but only if I SIT on it. Hilarious. It's bulky and annoying re reposition everytime I'm in and out of the car, but it does the trick. i still hate the car and the cue system sucks! only 37 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.