Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking for 2004 SRX map DVD - failed. Who can help?

9K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Hi,

36 hours ago, I bought a very nice, low milage SRX - here in Germany. But without the disc. And here, in Germany, is absolutely no chance to get a DVD as spare part. Even worse, there is no download link for a 2004 or 2005 SRX DVD (Denso) :-(

Is anybody here, who can help?

I need EUROPEAN maps...

Thanx

#3 ·
Try the Toyota TNS310 ( Trafic) Plus South Europe 2010-2011 Ver.1.

ONLY THE VER.1 will work. Others I think they will never work

This will work with your cadillac with some limitations. It works with my 2006 SRX

No voice guidance
no street names in the map

But At least you will be able to navigate

You may find some links in Internet

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
systembauer said:
Hi azblksrx, I can't find any option to send a PM in this forum... Please contact me:
v o l k e r . f o e r s t e r [at] g m x . n e t

thank you very very very much
Volker,

I have recently purchased a 2005 Srx in the Netherlands. The dvd was missing and with much effort a new one was found in some depot in Sweden... The last update is from 2009 and it is the last one which will come out. Alas it does not work since the system needs the latest firmware update.
And as you know the dealer network has totally collapsed since the bankrupcy of Kroymans ( european roll out of cadillac) so finding a dealer is pretty difficult AND a dvd with firmware.

I will take a look monday and send you the details,
Rds
Jeroen

#10 ·
Honestly speaking... I will not say we are discussing any kind of piracy here....

Cadillac in Europe let us down not offering any kind of support for new Discs or even old discs.......... There is no way to get one

I think that If they let us down we have the right to find a way to make a copy....

This is all about.. Anyway its just my opinion...

Lemmon

#14 ·
I just got dinged for, as the super moderator put it:

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
I get tired of explaining the dangers of exchanging copyrighted materials on public forums to folks like yourself.

I neither posted nor requested copyrighted information and the comment I made was subdued compared to what is in this thread. I was merely expressing an opinion.

Why is it there is no way (at least one I could see) to respond to moderators?

#16 ·
Hallo,
ich habe das gleiche Problem mit der Navi DVD, das gleiche Auto. Haben Sie vielleicht etwas herausgefunden. Funktioniert die DVD aus Toyota. Habe schon etliches heruntergeladen, aber bislang ohne Erfolg = kommt immer eine Karten DVD einleden. Vielen Dank

#18 ·
Habe von einem anderen Besitzer eine Kopie einer 2005er DVD bekommen, Cadillac Europe hat mir selbst eine kopierte 2006er zugeschickt. Bei beiden läd mein Navi zwar die Karte, aber ich kann keine Ziele eingeben, auch die Auswahl der Region ist nicht möglich. Cadillac sagt, man braucht ein Softwareupdate. Ist natürlich Halbquatsch, weil alte DVDs auch ohne laufen müssen. Die Firmware hat ja kein eingebautes Haltbarkeitsdatum.

Andererseits habe ich es selbst nicht geschafft, eine lauffähige Kopie zu machen, wird wohl an meinem Brenner liegen. Selbst Versuche mit zwangsweiser Zuweisung von DVD-ROM als Booktype oder Brennen mit langsamster Geschwindigkeit haben nichts gebracht, auch der Versuch mit 4 verschiedenen Rohlingen nicht.

Wenn sich hier jemand findet, der eine lauffähige Kopie machen kann, würde das bei mir auf ganz große Gegenliebe treffen ;-)

Icke.

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
[QUOTE

Try the Toyota TNS310 ( Trafic) Plus South Europe 2010-2011 Ver.1.

ONLY THE VER.1 will work. Others I think they will never work

This will work with your cadillac with some limitations. It works with my 2006 SRX

You will have turn by turn navigation but..

you will miss voice guidance and no street names Shown in the map ( but you can search for an street in the menu)

But At least you will be able to navigate

/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advises....

I just tried to express an opinion....

Nevertheless, my advise is still valid.

Find on internet ( ebay, Toyota website) this disk and you will have at least the features mentioned above

#22 ·
Hello,
what exact software version is in your navi unit ? What is the serial number from the Toyota DVD ?

I think the problem from a security copy is the exact DVD DL clone with breaking point, booktype and DVD brand...
I don't find the burning software for these problems. Anyone an idea ?

#30 · (Edited)
ROLEX......my apologies for this belated response. I just got around to reading this entire thread.

You are right. Technically it (unauthorized reproduction) is illegal. Practically, an infraction in this instance and under these circumstances would never be pursued.

Let me get this straight. If I buy a product and the manufacturer no longer has inventory to support it (or part of it), has no intention expressed or otherwise to support it, has no alternative to suggest, and walks away and leaving me to my own devices, they still have the right to prohibit me from making myself whole at no practical expense or exposure or loss to them? Yes, technically they do. But do you really think that GM would pursue it? Not in a million years. GM has enough problems.

What would GM argue in court? Neither a judge-directed verdict nor a jury would rule against an individual if it got that far if a consumer was left high and dry in this manner. And it wouldn't get that far because the bad press and poor public relations would cost GM big time by a factor of a zillion.

The government would not pursue it in the first place. They have an ocean of bigger fish to fry on copywright infringement. The FBI employee who would recommend otherwise to his enforcement arm would be laughed out. And when his superiors realized he was serious, he would be reprimanded for not pursuing something with meat on the bone, what he was hired to do. The government is looking for trophy finds and prosecutions.

While technically the unauthorized reproduction is a violation of copywright law, it would be like a police officer writing a speeding ticket for you driving 66 in a 65.
He/she has more brains than that, simply wouldn't be dumb enough to write the ticket in the first place.

PJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.