Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L

18K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  SLSDubai 
#1 ·
Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L

I did some digging online and got a TON of pics for the SLS and some videos too, but I need to convert the videos to they display properly still.

Here are some pics, I have about 1000 total in the photobucket albums. Some are not the best resolution but a good deal of them are HD quality.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/Ludacrisvp/
To see them all make sure to click the "View all albums" as not all of the SLS albums show up

2.0T Administrative

I am very irritated that our STS does not have this!!

2.0T Comfort

2.0T Elite

2.0T Luxury

Odd buttons...

Rear Console 3.0L Luxury

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L

...very nice pics...thank you linking and sharing...

...and that is what they have forgotten for our cars...a "lockable" fuel door (...there is a metal tab with a small hole in the fuel door...for a little pin/pintle, controlled by/with the power door locks/central locking system...)
...export STS didn't get this feature either...(I've got a lockable fuel cap...crap)

...and I really like the LED-backup lights...and the red taillamps with the little white LED-section for the amber turnsignal (...and no, this is not another pair of backup lights...;) )

...hm...the facelift-SLS didn't get any sidemarker-lamps in the front- and rear bumper anymore...

#3 ·
The 3 LEDs for turn signals just seems so small that I didn't even think of them being signals. But it makes a lot of sense since the USA is about the only place that uses red for brakes and turn signals. I feel all cars should have amber signals in the rear.

Oh and I miss having the locked fuel door that my 02 DeVille DTS had.

#4 ·

The 3 LEDs for turn signals just seems so small that I didn't even think of them being signals. But it makes a lot of sense since the USA is about the only place that uses red for brakes and turn signals.
...yes...:)
...and as you can see, this taillights got an ECE-label, an european certification label/registration/regulation and approval number (like your DOT number) with a letter-figure combination...many countries adopted the ECE regulations...looks like China, too...

R1-S1 2a 1B
02 01 02
E9 (in a circle)
---->

...well, the
R1 denotes "tail light"
S1 -"brake light"
2a - "turn signal - rear" (and the ECE regulations also say turn signals have to light up amber)
1B - "rear red reflector"
02 01 02 are some revision numbers
E9 denotes the european approval indicator and the country in which the approval for the lamp originally was obtained/manufactured...the E9 denotes "Spain"...
6094 - ECE approval number

(Note: an "AR" will be a back-up light)

Oh and I miss having the locked fuel door that my 02 DeVille DTS had.
...me too...since my 97 Seville STS had it also...;) :D

Reactions: Gomaz
#13 · (Edited)

So how did you obtain these SLS lamps?
How are you guys getting the part numbers for these?
…well…the same way I got my SLS led backup/reverse lights….;) :D
…our dear member Alex (nickname “targetSTS” in the forums) and his chinese partner managed this (order) for me…ok…these parts are very pricy…and shipping from China to Germany isn’t really cheap…;)…plus the costs for tax/VAT/customs duty…but they are brand new…and I wanted them…changing was plug and play…
…we (Alex and me) were a little worried about the shipping from China…cause this parts are fragile and there could have been also breaking/damaging during transportation…but luckily no problems…

…for part numbers…that’s a good question…like I said once before…I got none…I don’t know how they manage this in China…:)

Next thing to get is the bixeon HID lamps and the newer fogs.
:D :D…oh yeah…these newer SLS fogs/led drl/led turn signals are very nice…I like them…but this parts will involve/need a complete new (2010-up SLS) front facia, grille and maybe some unknown/different parts like deflector, spoiler, retainer, rivets, screws…that’s a little to much money…;) :D
…for the bi-xenon/LED headlamps...yes...I think these parts should fit…the lamp housing has the same dimension like the stock headlamps or HIDs…and some of the newer SLS still got the same ECE approved export headlamps/Xenon HIDs like my (the export) STS…;)
…but I think, this parts will be to expensive, too…:( ( they are similar to the Gen 2 CTS headlamps (the design)…and also ECE approved)

(…to get or import a complete SLS…for a reasonable price…yes…this is it…;) )

...but there are still some neat little parts from the newer and older SLS I still want…

#15 ·

Now the major question how much are you planning to sell your export tails for?
You don't like the Export lights last I read... (I think part of your issue with amber signals is that when they aren't LEDs the amber covering flakes off of the signal lamp making them look washed out or whitish, or if they have the amber plastic lens it just looks odd)
Are you interested in them or just curious if he will attempt to re-sell them?

----------

@ PontiacV8
-- Can we get a video of parking lights / signals / brakes / reverse / reverse fogs ?
Would be nice to see all the lights in operation.

I'd like to know more about the LPG conversion...
Cost? Mileage? How do you switch from running one to the other? Performance? Odor?

#17 ·

I think these are going to be the only route to take to remove DRL.

(I am not a DRL fan at all)

CTS LED front signals

http://www.autolumination.com/switchback.html

AW - Amber - White
The Amber -White (AW) Switchback bulb has special circuitry inside that senses when there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit.
Whenever there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit, the bulb switches to amber mode.
The result is that in most vehicles, the switch back bulb will flash amber-white-amber-white, whenever the turn signal is activated and the headlights are on.

In some vehicles, the power to the (white) running light circuit is automatically switched off whenever the turn signal is activated.
In these cases, the AW switchback will flash amber-off-amber off whenever the turn signal is activated.

In most vehicles, the AW switchback will flash amber-off-amber off whenever the turn signal is activated and the headlights/running lights are off..

-------------------
Or

AO - Amber - Off

The Amber -Off (AO) Switchback bulb has special circuitry inside that senses when there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit.
Whenever there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit, the bulb switches off power to the (white) running light circuit for 2 seconds.
The result is that in most vehicles, the switch back bulb will flash amber-off-amber off whenever the turn signal is activated, even when there is power to the (white) running light circuit.

The bulb will switchback to white if the headlights are switched on and the turn signal circuit is switched off for 2 seconds.

The bulb will switchback to off if the headlights are switched off and the turn signal circuit is switched off for 2 seconds.

#19 ·

Don't think it will work. Our cars use a 2 wire system for the turn signal drl bulbs. When turn is activated it flashes that drl.
The V also used a 2 wire setup, the thread I linked to above the video shows what he did on the V to get this to work.

#23 · (Edited)

@1BadCadSTS - perhaps we need to bug ddalder to see if he can disable them? Or does one need to get an unflashed (BCM?? IPM??) and just choose to not set the DRL to ON?
@PontiacV8: The CTS DRL mod would be interesting, I would expect that it could be done on the Domestic STS model too, not sure on the export model that doesn't have DRLs though.
I think I should talk with my Cadillac dealer... :D...maybe this is...or there is a solution with the Tech 2 to activate the DRLs for export... ;) ...and maybe ddalder also knows a little more...

@PontiacV8 - thanks for the detailed information.
This is just really new to me as I haven't heard of any Cadillac running on Propane.
Was this something you did to the car or did you buy it used and this was already done?
Conversion Chart
...ah...ok...so if you need any more information...I will try to give an answer... :)

...well, I am the second owner of the car...the first owner bought it brand new back in November 2008 (yes...it's an early 2006 model, but first sold and first licensed/registered 11/2008...) and he sold it a little more than 2.5 years later...he also had the conversion made...
I bought it on December 9th, 2011 at my Cadillac dealership...and sold my 1997 Seville STS) ...so the car was only 3 years "old" at the point I got it...:)
...now/today the car has about 53,300 km (approx. 33,130 mls) on the clock...

...as I told before, Cadillac Europe regularly offered these "Ready-to-install/Made-for-(some) Cadillac’s"-LPG-kits for some years...incl. full warranty...as an "upgrade"...
...and IIRC, in the beginning, for a short time, as a sales discount...
...the first owner bought the car...and also the LPG-kit...the dealer has done the work/conversion a little later...

...btw...there are also other LPG-conversions in the market...but this system was the one which was regular/supplied for and from Cadillac Europe here...

...thanks for the chart... :)

EDIT:

...btw...here an image with some trunk parts removed (while installing the Cadillac SLS tail lights)
...so you can see the LPG tank in the spare wheel area...

#22 ·

@1BadCadSTS - perhaps we need to bug ddalder to see if he can disable them? Or does one need to get an unflashed (BCM?? IPM??) and just choose to not set the DRL to ON?

@PontiacV8 - thanks for the detailed information.
This is just really new to me as I haven't heard of any Cadillac running on Propane.
Was this something you did to the car or did you buy it used and this was already done?

The CTS DRL mod would be interesting, I would expect that it could be done on the Domestic STS model too, not sure on the export model that doesn't have DRLs though.

Conversion Chart

L/100 km = MPG
4.0 = 58.805
4.5 = 52.271
5.0 = 47.044
5.5 = 42.767
6.0 = 39.203
6.5 = 36.188
7.0 = 33.603
7.5 = 31.363
8.0 = 29.403
8.5 = 27.673
9.0 = 26.136
9.5 = 24.760
10.0 = 23.522
10.5 = 22.402
11.0 = 21.384
11.5 = 20.454
12.0 = 19.602
12.5 = 18.818
13.0 = 18.094
13.5 = 17.424
14.0 = 16.801
14.5 = 16.222
15.0 = 15.681
15.5 = 15.176

Seems a bit redundant but here it is the other way too:

MPG = L/100 km
15.5 = 15.176
16 = 14.701
17.5 = 13.441
18 = 13.068
19 = 12.38
20 = 11.761
21 = 11.201
22 = 10.692
23 = 10.227
24 = 9.801
25 = 9.409
26 = 9.047
27 = 8.712
28 = 8.401
30 = 7.841
32 = 7.351
34 = 6.918
36 = 6.534
38 = 6.19
40 = 5.881
42 = 5.600
44 = 5.346
46 = 5.113
48 = 4.900

#25 · (Edited)

...here ya go...;) :D

...some images and details on the lights...(I got an error message while posting...something like "maximum number of images/video in a thread reached" ...so sorry for double/triple-post...I also kicked some pics...)
...and an enlarged video...:) (...maybe it would have been better in the dark but the camera doesn't like it...;) )

( @Ludacrisvp:...I also added a picture with the LPG tank in the trunk in post #23 (two posts above) )

SLS (left) vs. Euro clear

...the "reflecting" area...:

again...some pictures with lights on...different angle...

...and here the video...:
Link: http://youtu.be/schCQN6Sp08

#29 ·

nice lights, Heiner ;)
...thank you very much, Alex...;) :D

Looks good. Thanks for that info.
Any plans on getting the locking fuel door?
You're welcome...! :)

...the locking fuel door...yes, I like it...but...no...I don't think so...it is to complex...(only) the fuel door shouldn't be a problem...but all the other parts...solenoid, pintle, fitting...the wiring/harness...the control/activation...how to do and other questions...all the parts have to come from China...also plans and so on...and an "aftermarket" solution...or parts from other cars....problematic...:)
I have to live with my lockable export fuel cap with key...:( ;)

#27 ·
Looks good. Thanks for that info.
I looked into our propane fueling here in the states... Hardly any stations here can fill them. I found about 3 stations within 100 miles from here. Which I think would be about 165km or so. So it would not be very practical here even if it would be possible to get the same setup done here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.