Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forgestar Wheel Fitment for CTS-V Coupe & CTS-V Sedan

Re: Forgestar Wheel Fitment for CTS-V Coupe & CTS-V Sedan

^^^ This looks amazing!!! Would you mind if we submit your images to Forgestar?

Thanks again for your order,

Paul

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'll email you full size pics...

That would be awesome

acblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul@HoweyIndustries

Yes, 20x10.5 is the "perfect" size for the rear of the sedan. We recommend a 295 size tire. You can go to 305 but it tends to "poke" just slightly.

Paul
    Hi Paul! How far does a 305 tire poke out from the 10.5 wide CTS-V sedan wheel well.l?

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

got anything extreme concave, rim poking out the fender 21 or 22. something borderline hellaflush? Havent seen it done on a V yet.

Quote Originally Posted by acblack View Post
    Hi Paul! How far does a 305 tire poke out from the 10.5 wide CTS-V sedan wheel well.l?
    A 305 tire is 12" wide. The true width of a Forgestar 10.5" wheel is 11.5" (1" larger). So a 305 will poke over the edge of the wheel by .25" on each side.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TTuned View Post
    got anything extreme concave, rim poking out the fender 21 or 22. something borderline hellaflush? Havent seen it done on a V yet.
    On a Coupe of Sedan? The problem is that we can push the offsets to achieve a very flush fitment but the concavity profile is some what limited on the V.

A 305 tire is 12" wide. The true width of a Forgestar 10.5" wheel is 11.5" (1" larger). So a 305 will poke over the edge of the wheel by .25" on each side.

----------

On a Coupe of Sedan? The problem is that we can push the offsets to achieve a very flush fitment but the concavity profile is some what limited on the V.
    Paul what's the deepest concave that can ve fitted on a V sedan? I'm looking at either F14 or CF10 20s 10.5 or 11in wide. I'll be dropping the V on Eibachs

Quote Originally Posted by acblack View Post
    Paul what's the deepest concave that can ve fitted on a V sedan? I'm looking at either F14 or CF10 20s 10.5 or 11in wide. I'll be dropping the V on Eibachs
    I recommend going with the 10.5 sizing. These is no depth difference on the deep concave wheels from Forgestar. A 20x9.5 deep concave has the same depth as a 20x12 deep concave. So if your primary reason for going wider is a deeper concave, that won't be necessary as their is no concavity profile difference.

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@HoweyIndustries View Post
    I recommend going with the 10.5 sizing. These is no depth difference on the deep concave wheels from Forgestar. A 20x9.5 deep concave has the same depth as a 20x12 deep concave. So if your primary reason for going wider is a deeper concave, that won't be necessary as their is no concavity profile difference.
    That is a bummer, is there a technical reason they aren't deeper as width increases?

bolt007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Super charged
    Will the f14f wheels fit! The sedan would love a set!

----------

What about the F10's with a 3.5 lip? How much is this set?

Quote Originally Posted by bolt007
    Will the f14f wheels fit! The sedan would love a set!

----------

What about the F10's with a 3.5 lip? How much is this set?
    I'm also curious to know if the F14F will fit and how much lip we can get on a sedan.

According to Paul the F10s have been discontinued.

bolt007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Super charged
    What size of a lip do you get with the f14f? Can you get a larger with pass a 20x10?

jb_bgg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded

The F14's are step lipped, so I suspect regardless of barrel width you'll still only get about 1 1/4" lip before the step to the barrel. Pretty sure same is true with F5's.

Quote Originally Posted by TTuned View Post
    That is a bummer, is there a technical reason they aren't deeper as width increases?
    Sorry for the late reply, crazy week here

It just comes down to manufacturing cost. Forgestar offers a quality custom wheel at a low price. In order to do this they are unable to offer width/offset based concavity. Their deep concave wheels have a very nice depth to them and are as deep as you could go on a Coupe or Sedan due to the high offset nature of these cars. So you really are not gaining much concave profile by going to a more expensive wheel that bases profile on width and offset.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bolt007 View Post
    What size of a lip do you get with the f14f? Can you get a larger with pass a 20x10?
    The F14F has a flat lip and is a 2-Piece wheel. You can only get so much width and lip out of a 2-Piece construction. On the CTS-V Sedan, I would expect 1-1.5" lip on the 20x8.5 and 3-3-5" lip on the 20x10.

Sorry for the late reply, crazy week here

It just comes down to manufacturing cost. Forgestar offers a quality custom wheel at a low price. In order to do this they are unable to offer width/offset based concavity. Their deep concave wheels have a very nice depth to them and are as deep as you could go on a Coupe or Sedan due to the high offset nature of these cars. So you really are not gaining much concave profile by going to a more expensive wheel that bases profile on width and offset.

----------

The F14F has a flat lip and is a 2-Piece wheel. You can only get so much width and lip out of a 2-Piece construction. On the CTS-V Sedan, I would expect 1-1.5" lip on the 20x8.5 and 3-3-5" lip on the 20x10.
    Hi Paul. That lip size is good enough for me. Please quote me a set of F14F for the sedan as well as F14 shipped to Dubai.

How much lighter will a similarly designed fully forged wheel compared to a rotary forged design like the F14?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast