Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

339K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#555 ·
The cars GM loaned for the 2000 Republican Convention were registered in Pennsylvania they didn't have Michigan plates. My son said the reason the Convention cars that year were Olds Auroras and not Cadillacs was the Republicans were down playing the Party members wealth for PR purposes!

#560 ·
This thread is full of randomness .....

Reactions: greencadillacmatt
#564 ·
That's just gorgeous!

#567 ·
So is that a 1965 or 66 Deville convertible??? Its WAY nice, love the classic white on black leather with the black top. Also love the period correct hubcaps and whitewalls, those white stripes look about right for the period. Those super huge whitewalls(like 2-3" whitewalls) went out with the 1950's as far as what the factory offered. The fat whitewalls some people put on the 60's/70's cars stick out like a sore thumb, especially if everything else on the car is period/factory correct.

#568 ·
66 according to his signature ...

Reactions: bigm57ict
#570 ·
http://i.imgur.com/BZxtOQe.jpg

At a cruise in tonight. The guy claims the throttle got stuck. He lost the rear end, hit someone in oncoming traffic, and it pushed the car back to the right. It hit the curb so hard the nose went flying 3-4 feet in the air and it came down crashing right there. The lights are for the DJ booth. I was standing about 3 feet away from this when it happened.

Normally, there are cars parked all along those back spots. I'm still kinda shook up. Insane.

#578 ·
http://i.imgur.com/BZxtOQe.jpg

At a cruise in tonight. The guy claims the throttle got stuck. He lost the rear end, hit someone in oncoming traffic, and it pushed the car back to the right. It hit the curb so hard the nose went flying 3-4 feet in the air and it came down crashing right there. The lights are for the DJ booth. I was standing about 3 feet away from this when it happened.

Normally, there are cars parked all along those back spots. I'm still kinda shook up. Insane.

Damn Roo! You better get a Lotto ticket, you got some "good mojo" going on.:yup:
Glad you are OK.

....yeah....throttle stuck.....

I managed to snag this spyshot of the new Lincoln Navigator in testing.

For when living in a camper just isn't red-neck enough!:ill:

This post has been deleted
#575 ·
Thanks fellas.

It is a 66. 120K on the body, and I had the numbers engine rebuilt over the last couple of years.

It runs well, but I am strongly considering adding FAST or MSD fuel injection soon. The original 4Jet carb was rebuilt , but it is absolutely the weak link.

And just last week the top motor gave out, but that's no big deal.

#586 ·
You just need to find somebody who can rebuild that carb to stock specs to where it works EXACTLY like it should. I had a 1988 Toyota truck with the 22R, 2 barrel carburated, that started every damn time no matter how cold, always ran like watch. Even in the dead of of winter, 6:00am at 0-5 degrees farienheight, that damn truck would fire up, just push the pedal to the floor about three times, turn the key for 2-3 seconds, don't push the throttle past about 1/2 for the first couple of miles until it warmed up a little, that damn thing ran like a train with 150k miles on all the original parts. Just saying a properly set up carburated engine can run flawlessly in all weather conditions. Even at 100 degrees after running it hard, with the a/c on, hopping in a store for 10 minutes, then getting back in the truck, it never gave me any hot start issues.

#582 ·
Uhb...bu................No.

That Buick is awesome, Kevin. Hasn't changed a bit in the last twenty years, one would be sure. Plus, it clearly doesn't even need AC.

I could count all of the cars back home (either in buildings or scattered along the countryside) that were like that as "Mine". If so, I seriously need to update the Candid thread.

Pennsylvanians like Cadillacs too though. To touch with your own hands the door handle of such a car though has a profoundly different feeling than a frozen Buick, I assure you. A much colder feel, leaving bumps on your skin and a chill that penetrates your very bones, but through a divine act that could only be called a Miracle, sets a fire to one's soul, as if to return to beloved family lost long ago.

----------

I was going to post another Buick, but then realized that the accompanying conversation made the photo better, so I have screen captured it from The Face Books. FOR POSTERITY!

Probably just because I find the concept of pants to be funny.

#584 ·
This is what is right above the head of my bed. Well, sort of. There's an elk skull on the wall between the bed and the shelf, but I don't have a photo of him.

One day I will learn why people keep their work stations and bedrooms separate. Until then, my "interior decorating" will be as random as ever.

#587 ·
I've never named any of mine. In fact, I am fairly certain that I do not know that many names.

In recent times, I have found other people who apparently down own a plethora of animal skulls (Which is rather creepy to think there are people out there like that) who have all learned that when they need them, all they have to do is ask me, because I have more than I know what to do with)

Except Human Skulls. At this present point, I have none of those that I feel like parting with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.