Cadillac Owners Forum banner

19" CTS-V Wheels on a CTS AWD Coupe... HELP!!!!

51K views 116 replies 25 participants last post by  MARTINO442 
#1 ·
This coming week i should have the cts coupe AWD. saw it with mesh grill at dealer ship and v serie rims.. looked crazy byt they want $6995 for package i can get mesh grill for 600.. any where i can get the wheels? replica or for a great price?

#91 ·
19 in wheels

I want to put 19in wheels on my 2013 cts coupe premium awd. The stock wheels are 692mm front and 692mm rear in height. I want to go with 245 45 19 703mm high front with 8.5 wheel and 275 40 19 703 mm high rear with 9.5 wheel. All height the same would that void warranty. SOMEONE Told Me YOU Can't Go higher it would mess up the computer in the car. I know it would throw off speedometer slightly but I thought it would be ok since all heights are the same. I am also looking for stock offsets . Thanks

#92 ·
Re: 19 in wheels

I want to put 19in wheels on my 2013 cts coupe premium awd. The stock wheels are 692mm front and 692mm rear in height. I want to go with 245 45 19 703mm high front with 8.5 wheel and 275 40 19 703 mm high rear with 9.5 wheel. All height the same would that void warranty. SOMEONE Told Me YOU Can't Go higher it would mess up the computer in the car. I know it would throw off speedometer slightly but I thought it would be ok since all heights are the same. I am also looking for stock offsets . Thanks
What you need to look at is the circumference of the tires (outside diameter), they MUST be the same. Otherwise you may damage your AWD system. Yes, that would void your warranty, but only for the drive system. Changing the diameter (keeping them the same front/back) could have a difference in your speedometer/odometer but it wouldn't hurt anything. There many threads in the Appearance section here that talks about wheel/tires sizing.

Good Luck, Marv

#94 ·

I agree with Martin0442 that the Coupe setup is staggered. I don't understand, but that is true to the best of my knowledge.

#96 ·
#97 ·

MARTIN0442, The 19" sizes you are referring to are the stock sizes on the optional 19" summer wheel package from Cadillac. I switch between my summer only 19" wheels and tires to a set of stock 18" wheels and tires that I bought every winter with no issues but I have rear wheel drive only. There are no issues with the computers or the speedometer. Even though the diameters or height are different from the 18" to 19" the front to back on each is the same so there should not be any issues.

#98 ·

I have the 2013 Premium CTS4 and it has P245/45R19 Goodyear Eagles on front and rear. Mine is also has the following factory option that cawengr mentions in his post:
Y43 Performance Package, 19" (48.3 cm) Summer Tire,
includes (T4F) HID headlamps, (KB7) steering wheel
mounted paddle shift controls, (T3U) fog lamps, (RT9) 19"
x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) polished wheels, (Q0M)
P245/45ZR19 Y-rated performance summer tires, (V03)
performance cooling system, (FE3) sport performance
suspension, (G80) limited slip differential and (J55)
performance brakes
1 - Model 6DP69 only. Not available with (Y42) 18"
All-Season Tire Performance Package or (FE5) 19"
All-Season Tire Package (Model 6DP69 or 6DH69).
As a rule, in today's overly technical nanny controlled vehicles (IMO) I would not change out from the vehicles original equipment. I have heard some commenters discussing Torque converter/tranny issues when tire changes were made.
Might be opening up a can of worms if your car was originally setup with the 18" wheel/tire package.
KY

#99 ·

That will work. The center differential doesn't care what diameter the tires are, only that they are all the same. Tires not all spinning the same direction will harm the diff. Larger diameter tires will cause the speedo to read slightly off (less than 1 mph).

I don't see how going to larger wheels but going with a tire sizes that are available with an oem wheel set will void your warranty, but check and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#109 ·
Yeah, that. ^^^^^^
I apologize if my general statement caused any confusion.
Posts 18-20 in this thread explain very well the importance of keeping the correct ratio on the coupe, however miniscule it may seem.

#112 ·
FunkZ. Actually the AWD coupes have a slightly larger rear, not smaller (at least from the factory on my 18's). Rears are 265/45/18 (696mm diameter) and fronts are 235/50/18 (692mm diameter). So as far as "bias" is concerned, I guess that is a matter of how you look at it. I found a great deal on some brand new 255/45/18 (687mm diameter) that I put on the rears, but combined with my partially WORN fronts (missing 5mm tread) that makes the front and rear the same. If the 235's were NEW, then the front tires would be Larger, thereby having the opposite bias as was set up from the factory, so I think I'm OK with my setup with the slightly worn fronts.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.