Cadillac Owners Forum banner

exhaust sound

18K views 81 replies 24 participants last post by  scott9001 
#1 ·
I thought about getting the Gibson bolt on exhaust system but I really didn't want my cadillac to be too loud. I just wanted to hear it when I put my foot in it. How would it sound if I just remove the resonator

#5 ·
Corsa is loud BEHIND you, Gibson is loud around you....

----------

How do you know? because of videos? have you actually been inside?

Do what you want, its your car but there is a reason why Corsa advertised RSC and NO DRONE and costs what it does while Gibson doesn't

#6 ·
I don't know about Corsa in a Cadi, mine is stock. But I have the indy series in my Corvette with headers and hi flow cats. It's basically an open system from the block to the rear bumper. It is absolutly quiet and non existant when cruising but wild at WOT. I'd think the same quiet at cruising speeds would be available for any corsa system. I know dozens of fellow corvette owners and this is their experience too.

Corsa use to have sound clips out on their website.

#12 ·
I wanted the same as you when I had my CrownVic. Had a custom cat back exhaust w/X-pipe installed with DynaMax Super Turbos. This was perfect, had just a little more rumble than stock while idling and during normal driving, and a little growl with WOT.

With the STS I'm thinking about doing an H-pipe with MagnaFlows. I miss hearing that V8, too quiet now. At my work there's this Magnum SRT8 always showing off in the parking garage... I'll show him! ;)

#13 ·
I e been surveying exhausts on YouTube for the STS, and the ones I've seen from Gibson sound great under acceleration, but when the RPMs come back down it sounds like a heavy popping sound like an old F150 my grandfather had. I don't like the popping sound under deceleration.

Can I put a system on that will allow tuning and won't gurgle and pop on the way down?

#14 ·
what video were you looking at because I haven't seen any on a cadillac North star that pop when you decelerate mine doesn't even do that, I've seen it on sts v's with corsa. it doesn't matter about what type of exhaust you got, if you got alot of flow its going to do that. anybody know of any company that makes exhaust manifolds for the cadillac sts northstar aside from Corsa? 1200$ per header is a big dent in the pocket
I e been surveying exhausts on YouTube for the STS, and the ones I've seen from Gibson sound great under acceleration, but when the RPMs come back down it sounds like a heavy popping sound like an old F150 my grandfather had. I don't like the popping sound under deceleration. .

Can I put a system on that will allow tuning and won't gurgle and pop on the way down?

#16 ·
I have trush muff on my car along with other things, but when it was just the mufflers it was a nice mello low growl
I use thrush mufflers. My first set up

1. res with trush muff= no drone and mellow sound.
2 no res, replace with mufflers and thrush mufflers= deep v8 sound. :lildevil:

it's your car you should have it sound how you like it!!!

#17 ·
Corsa doesn't make headers for the sts. No one does. D3 claims to but no ones really seen them.

And curt nothing but respect for you but I'd line my corsa up against Gibson any day and show why I prefer that. The sound is distinct and exotic sounding as opposed to a 60s muscle car. If I want pure aggressive noise I'll take my Camaro ss out but IMHO a Cadillac should not sound like that. It should scare the pants off the little tuner with a fart cannon when I kick the auto stick into 1 and pull 2 car lengths on him before he realizes what hit him...

#23 ·
1BadCadSTS said:
Corsa doesn't make headers for the sts. No one does. D3 claims to but no ones really seen them.

And curt nothing but respect for you but I'd line my corsa up against Gibson any day and show why I prefer that. The sound is distinct and exotic sounding as opposed to a 60s muscle car. If I want pure aggressive noise I'll take my Camaro ss out but IMHO a Cadillac should not sound like that. It should scare the pants off the little tuner with a fart cannon when I kick the auto stick into 1 and pull 2 car lengths on him before he realizes what hit him...
I would love to hear Ur car.

#30 ·
CapnCurt said:
Well whoever is talking to who, I still stand by Gibson! I made this today so you guys can hear the exhaust better! This is without resonator and again, GIBSON EXHAUST!
http://youtu.be/_O8rFFLYAHw Please let me know when either of YOU post a video with any exhaust other than Gibson, I would love to hear at idle and drive!
Where do you live its all sunny and warm while I'm out here in 30 degree weather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.