Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help with some Drag Radials guys

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Moparman4444 
#1 ·
Whats up fellas, quick question for you guys on what you think is better... I have 20" HRE on my Hennessey V coupe making 707hp and Im running Michellin Pilot Super sports daily... Tires don't hook for crap on street or at the track....

Should I buy 20" Mickey Thompson Street ET II Drag Radials and throw em on the current 20's or should i just buy 2 front C6 18" rims and buy some 18" Drag Radials to go with them instead... Which do you think would hook better on street and track?

I want to keep my stock 19" wheels and tires as backups so won't be using those rims....

20" HRE with some MT 3727R Drag Radials or 18" C6 fronts in the rear on 18" Drag Radials??? HELP! lol lol

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
18's have more sidewall and would be better, but even on the street my car with a little less than 600 at the wheels will smoke the drag radials down low. Maybe from like 30-40mph up they might be better, but off the line they arent much better than the super sports in my opinion. For 20's, I think the only option is nitto, I have never owned a set, but they seem to do better on the street than the track. With the 18's, my car can hook in the low 1.6's or high 1.5's pretty much ever pass leaving at idle. so I guess it depends on how much track use you will get. The 18 inch c6 wheels would stick out pretty bad on your car with the setup you have unless you got an all black set. you obviously put allot of time and effort into the appearance of your V, so I know for me, I wouldnt be able to drive around on mismatched wheels....probably why I never put drag radials on my C5 vert with yellow lips and carbon centers.

#3 ·
Can we see some pics of your Lambo?

----------

And to answer the question, I'd go with the 18" MTs. I use them at the track and almost dead-hook after a good burnout --- cutting consistent 1.5x 60' times with that set-up.

#5 ·
I'm going to be changing tires shortly on my 20" rims and I'm working with D3 to find some good 20" options. I think there were a few new tires option released that we're examining.

Are you worried about the front and rear tires being matched, both from the perspective of tire height, as well as manufacturer?

Also, on an unrelated note, what exactly did you do to get 707hp? Is that crank or rear-wheel?

#6 ·
I just purchased the 20" MT ET II Drag Radials and im gonna throw those on my HRE 20" rims. Ill probably have to raise up the rear a little as it is lowered on KW's which means the front is gonna need a higher Michellin tire also and a raise also... Gonna have this setup on the car for daily use and track also to see how it hooks, if it even does hook lol....

Gonna purchase some C6 18" wheels tonight also and use those for track only.. Everyone is saying to throw Hoosiers on those and just throw em on at the track, but what size should I get for those 18x8.5" rim? Might even be an 18x9.5...

I run a flat 7.0 with a 1.6 60' at the track when it feels like hooking lol, when i just spin i dont even bother running it down the track... Thats 1/8 mile

Pics of both cars are up on my facebook, just send me a request and say your from here and ill accept the request, theres lots of pics of both rides...

#13 ·
I actually bought the car last year in June and it was thunder grey. I painted it to match my 560. The color is actually a really bright white same color code off Gallardo. It's not the Cadillac pearl they make. If you park em side by side it makes the pearl white look like a creme color that's how white it is.... And yes, the lips and calipers were painted to match. I actually got it lowered at D3 and they did the calipers and sway bars also...

#15 ·
Heres a link to my cardomain with plenty of pictures of both cars...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897444/2009-lamborghini-gallardo

AND MY YOUTUBE PAGE :

http://www.youtube.com/user/NokturnalCarClub?feature=mhee

AND HERE IS THE LIST OF MODS :

Custom Bianco Monocerus Paint Job
20" HRE 790R Rims
Michellin Pilot Super Sport Tires
Brembo 2pc. Drilled/Slotted Rotors D3
D3 Competition Sway Bar Kit
D3 Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
D3 Steel Braided Brake Lines
KW V3 Coil Over Suspension Kit
Smoked Tail Lights
All Chrome Trim Painted Gloss Black

V700 Package Upgrades :

HPE Cold Air Induction System
Supercharger Pulley & Snout Upgrade
HPE Engine Management Upgrade
Long Tube 1 7/8" Stainless Steel Headers
3" Stainless Steel Mid Pipe Exhaust
High Flow Cats
Intercooler Heat Exchanger System Upgrade
V700 Camshaft Upgrade
V700 High Flow Cylinder Heads
160 Degree Thermostat
Hennessey Embroidered Headrests & Carpet
Serial Numbered Dash Plaque
Serial Numbered Engine Plaque
Electric Exhaust Cutout Valves

Attachments

#17 ·
Since you have a Coupe you can run a bit wider rim in the rear. I'm using a 19 inch by 11 wide rim with 50 mm offset and 345 30 19 Nitto drag radials [on a Coupe only]. With 603 RWHP I run 11.09 @125 with 1.65 60 foot times. I do think the special for Caddy, Weld 17 inch by 11 inch rims with 325 45 M&H drag radials are the real answer though. Should be good for 1.5 60 foot times and allow a long foot print at lower pressures due to the taller sidewall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.