Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Track wheels for 09 CTSV

8K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  NAX-121 
#1 ·
I'm likely picking up an 09 CTSV for a daily driver. And I'd like it to be my backup track toy when the race car isn't available.

So to start I'm looking for a 2nd set of wheels to keep race rubber on. Any suggestions on something strong and relatively inexpensive? or should I just call up john at CCW?

Thanks!
-Rylan

#9 ·
I'm running a set of C6 Z06 Spyder wheels in 18" from the front of the Z06.

You g00bers. He's looking for REAL track wheels. You know, for twisty stuff.

I'd love to say I pioneered them, but there were a couple others who have tried the TSW Nurburgrings before me. 18s. of course, will give you many more tire options. But you can get them from 18 to 20. Discount Tire Direct and wheelsnext.com are probably the best places to go. I bought mine from Discount Tire Direct for under $1000 shipped with proper lug nuts(you'll need) and hubcentric rings included. They are rotary forged and as light, or lighter, than the stockers(also forged).

Here is the previous thread info...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...looking-recommendations-road-track-tires.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...37630-those-tracking-their-vs-18inch-rim.html

#8 ·
I'm running a set of C6 Z06 Spyder wheels in 18" from the front of the Z06.

#14 ·
Catching back up. Thanks for the info guys!

Car definitely could use more front tire, I took the car for 5 laps of Thunderhill in bone stock form (not even sure how good the alignment was) and it pushed way more than oversteered. sure it's got plenty of hp to get the rear loose.

btw does the magnetic suspension change anything? I swear I can't tell a difference on the street or the track.

-Ry

#17 ·
Resurrecting this thread. Anyone remember what these TSW's weigh in 18x9.5" size without tires?

#19 ·
Damn that's light. Are they the same offset and back spacing on all 4 corners? If so, what are those numbers so I can get the right ones.

#22 ·
Thanks Jim. I was going to cheap out and get repro's but the TSW Interlagos are so light (~20 vs. 28 lbs.) I'm going to order those. I'm thinking Continental Sport Cups 275/35/18 as Scrubs are stupid cheap as in $400 - $500 shipped per set. I ran these on the SRT8 and they're very sticky under heavy cars......like ours.

#23 ·
Team Dynamics should also be available now in V2 sizing

Been running them on my V1 with Grand Am Conti scrubs for a while now...

#24 ·
They are but literally double the cost.

#28 ·
Beautiful ****ing car!

#31 ·
I'm going to guess D3 something or other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.