Cadillac Owners Forum banner

EVAP Error Code

7K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  djais1801 
#1 ·
My EVAP code is continuing to come on, the first two times it happened, I replaced the Vent Valve and updated bracket. It was good for about 2 months, and now it is coming on again. We reset the light 2x and on the 3rd time, we blew out all the lines to make sure no dirt/dust was in the lines. I don't live in a dusty area, and don't offroad. Is there possibly a control module for the EVAP that could be faulty? My truck is an 03 EXT with 105k.

#6 ·
How do you find out the code? My check engine/service engine light came on, but when i brought the truck in for an out of province inspection and the light was on then, the mechanic said it was evap but he reset it because It was running fine and I didnt want to deal with it. 3 weeks later, it came on again.

#12 ·
I got the light cleared. The code that came up was the vent valve solenoid. With the power of this forum I swear I knew more about it then he did. He said its a 50 dollar part and he could did it and a full diagnostic for 1 hour of shop time. So it would cost me 127 plus tax.. Hopefully with this forum I can do it myself. I have seen pics of the part, but where is the vent valve solenoid?

#13 ·
before you throw any money in this i do suggest you check the evap hoses to make sure that none are cracked or damaged if you find none then you can worry about the vent valve solenoid which i will look into on it's location if i can find it man i do miss the good old day when cars didn't have everything tied into a computer.

#14 ·
look on my previous thread about this it talks about the location of the solenoid...I had to order a new bracket with the vent valve solenoid. The valve was $50 and the bracket was like $150...and guess what...it came back on about 3 mos later...but good luck

#16 ·
djais1801, you also have an ext, where is the vent valve? anyway you could get a picture?outside of the frame rail on the drivers side near the fuel tank is what i gathered from that previous post. My truck was driven on dusty roads alot by the previous owner. I will check the hoses carefully if I can find the canister. My next day off is wednesday I am going to crawl around under it and see what I find. Any help and hints are greatly appreciated. Need to know where to start the search.

#17 ·
I am having this Check Engine Light code appear bout once/week now. I have an Actron Code Scanner, so it is easy to clear the code, but it is getting more frequent now and I am tired of dealing with it. I looked up the code on the net and found the part and directions for repair. I am told that the part we need is GM# 25932571 (it is around $24). They say it is the exact same part as the one specified to use in the TSB (but the TSB part has a different number and costs $150) and then you need about 2 1/2 ft of heater hose (5/8"). I am going to check on the part tomorrow at the local Chevy Dealership. I will follow up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.