Cadillac Owners Forum banner

V-day 5 june 24

13K views 135 replies 29 participants last post by  Aurora40 
#1 ·
V-day 5 will be Friday June 24th at Summit point (on the Summit track) in West Virginia. for those who havent been to a previous Vday this is the countrys largest V dominant track day.at the first 4 Vday's we have had an average of 40 V's on the track and 10-20 more that show up to hang out. cost is $250.00, that gets you aproximately 2 hours of track time with an experienced in car instructor, class room time to hone your skills and a catered lunch. this year Cadillac will be involved supporting their new race team, more details on that soon. please call 703-647-8670 or email lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com with any questions or to register.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I'll be there.

Dude, V Day is Friday. You'll still have all weekend to spend time with your girl.

Besides, it's 3 months from now - you can totally break up with this girl and get a new one (whose birthday is not that weekend) in 3 months! :p

#8 ·
I'm in brother, use the c/c on file and email me the registration form...

#11 ·
I don't remember the exact schedule from last time, but for most track events you have to be at the track early (~7am) to get everyone through registration and tech inspection. Instructor and driver meetings will take place in the 8 or 8:30 ballpark, with people getting on track shortly thereafter.

My recommendation would be to drive up and stay at a hotel Thursday night. I typically stay at the Hampton Inn in Winchester, VA, which is about 20min from the track. Driving on track safely takes a lot of sustained concentration and is physically and mentally draining. I would say it's not advisable to be waking up at 4am or whatever to drive a couple/few hours to get to the track Friday morning; much better to be at the hotel the night before so you can be well rested.

#15 ·
From another forum, posted by a track junkie buddy... there are some improvements made to Summit Point.

I was at Summit Point on Saturday with ___ instructing for SCCA's PDX. I'm happy to report that Summit has made some marked improvements in the name of safety.

First off, the pavement is still holding up. There's a change in grip at the large asphalt patch at T1, not a big change in grip, but it's noticeable. But everywhere else around the track, the pavement is still good and holding up. The dip and bumps at T9 give that turn character IMO.

T3 received a significant improvement. First off, all the gravel has been graded and smoothed out and it's not strewn all about. Second, they cleared a good 150' of trees from behind the gravel so that if you run off and need more runoff room than the gravel can provide, there is now a huge, flat field that you can use. At the end of the field is a small berm that should provide the final barrier to get you stopped (albeit while damaging the car), should you run THAT far off track, which is unlikely.

T10 coming on the front straight, the berm that is on the outer edge, track left, has been flattened. This is Bobster's berm, right? Now, if you run off the track outside of or after the rumble strips, there is a long, flat area for you to safely get the car slowed down and to smoothly pull it back on to the front straight. With all the rains, it's a huge mud pile right now as they're not totally done grading the land yet. However, if you wanted, you could drive down the entire front straight in the grass now, whereas before, that berm came up pretty quickly. It seems that people would try to avoid that berm, yank the wheel and would end up in the tire wall on the inside of the track. Now, you no longer need to do that.

Finally, all the flag stations now have new and, in my opinion, more visible gazebos. I think they may even sit a bit higher than they did before, which is a good thing.

So, I'm happy to report that Summit Point is improving. Rumour has it that they main bathrooms in the paddock are shut down for renovation, but that's all hearsay at this point.

#18 · (Edited)
Yesterday, it looked like a "maybe."

Today, it's not looking so promising.

Women. :canttalk:

I'm still shocked he made the 1st one...
Ain't it the truth.

EDIT: Phil, if I can do it, I won't know till it gets pretty close and assuming there are spots still left. If you go, and if I end up getting the go ahead, maybe we could set up a two-V convoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwaygKjs2fI

#19 ·
What are the chances the V coupe racecar will have a passenger seat in it again this year? I've seen some pics and videos of the new car and recall the greatest ride of my life (the original V racecar) and can only hope it can / will be repeated or beaten.

#23 ·
Yeah yeah. Not everyone is up to speed on it-

Nice accent you have, what is it New Jersey?

Austrian.

G'day mate. Put another shrimp on the barbie.

#25 ·
I know it's ok cause YOU'RE the limo driver, but have you fallen off the jet way recently?

#33 ·
X2 on the driving although I would have no idea what a fun track is. (noob so any would be fun to me).

#37 ·
that has some good speed to it. looks kind of easy on the brakes as there is good cooling before next hard use.
There's only that 1 big stop, but it's a big stop. I see rotor temps over 1250F (using Tempilaq paint on the rotors) and have to keep moving my braking point back as the session goes on. I pretty much killed a set of Carbotech XP16s in 2 days.

#36 ·
I might be in for it this year as well. I think I have this weekend open, and I might take my dad with me as he's a huge fan of everything GM... If the CTS-V racecar shows up i'll make his day for sure.

So I'm penciling myself in at this point.

PS. I'll use the fact that I have three dudes in my car as an excuse for my slow lap times as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.