Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: A possible quick and cheap solution to the Crappy,leaky,oil and tranny cooling lines?

  1. #16
    carlmcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): carl@partnershipresources.com
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Re: A possible quick and cheap solution to the Crappy,leaky,oil and tranny cooling li

    Does anyone have the part numbers for the transmission cooler lines that go from the transmission to the radiator? This is what I have; ACDelco 15809053 for 1 line, don't have the second line part number.


  2. #17
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmcad
    Does anyone have the part numbers for the transmission cooler lines that go from the transmission to the radiator? This is what I have; ACDelco 15809053 for 1 line, don't have the second line part number.
    I think they are both the same but you can call a gm dealer to find out for sure

  3. #18
    thetobins's Avatar
    thetobins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade ext/ 04 srx awd
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    45
    Posts
    61
    Yep, this is just the ticket!

  4. #19
    wesyder's Avatar
    wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastvale Calif
    Posts
    1,812
    Yeah those crimps seem to go bad often, I show 3 trans lines, trans to radiator 15267484, aux trans cooler to radiator 15809057, and aux trans cooler to trans 15813029, please double check all part number using your vin with the dealer
    Last edited by wesyder; 02-08-16 at 10:33 AM.

  5. #20
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by wesyder
    Yeah those crimps seem to go bad often, I show 3 trans lines, trans to radiator 15267484, aux trans cooler to radiator 15809057, and aux trans cooler to trans 15813029, please double check all part number using your vin with the dealer

    Yep that's correct
    Mine is leaking at one of the crimps on the radiator which sucks

  6. #21
    jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Carolina
    Posts
    916

    Re: A possible quick and cheap solution to the Crappy,leaky,oil and tranny cooling li

    I replaced my oil cooler lines with Doormans they started leaking just out of warranty. I used a pipe cutter and a pair of wire cutting pliers to separate the crimp from the rubber hose. I then used a screw type radiator clamp to replace the aluminium crimp that I cut off, no more leak and works like a charm. Just like the pictures posted in post #7.

  7. #22
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv
    I replaced my oil cooler lines with Doormans they started leaking just out of warranty. I used a pipe cutter and a pair of wire cutting pliers to separate the crimp from the rubber hose. I then used a screw type radiator clamp to replace the aluminium crimp that I cut off, no more leak and works like a charm. Just like the pictures posted in post #7.
    I may do that so I don't have to worry about as the top one is leaking on my 03(could be the radiator as its needing replacing)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum