Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#18,530 ·
Never touch a coil pack that has the #2 cylinder accidently disconnected when you fire her back up and you hear a ticking, it'll give you a new hairdo that you wont like.

With that said, rear cam cover is back on, properly sealed and tightened down.

#18,531 ·
To the car - nothing. Bob Snyder just laid about 1/4 mile of thumb-sized bluestone rock on the road. 2 large dump truckloads, tailgate cracked and chained - nice, even stone coating. Will hold us until fall.

Here's what it looks like before we rock it and level the potholes with dump&run - taken from one of the F-150s - (naturally I don't have pics of the finished product over the years - night and day ..............) -

Plant community Plant Natural landscape Tree Branch

Sky Plant Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Nature

Reactions: vincentm
#18,534 ·
This is my porch pirate deterrent - and that of the 6 neighbors also - we all hunt and shoot - a lot.

Matter of fact, just before the rock dump Karen and I were punching .38" sized holes in paper targets. Sunny Saturday Entertainment.

Revolver Font Rectangle Gas mask Poster

#18,535 ·
A basic law when you live on a gravel/dirt road is NEVER drive through a pothole -it only makes them bigger. Note the LF fender in relation to the holes. (as opposed to the Amazon and Domino's a s s h o l e drivers)

#18,542 ·
Finished up Buick frt suspension rebuild late yesterday.
Half or 3/4 of trans fluid had run out and holy moly its gone up alot. So had somebody that was coming this way get some from Walmart and drop off. Alignment has to wait until tomorrow.
New A arms, cv axles, seals, all tie rods, sway bar bushings and links along with struts. One new hub while back. Car about new from firewall forward.
All the parts for this round under 400 bucks. Rock had everything we needed on clearance excpet for the seals.
Need to get rotor turned and put ceramic pads on it soon also.

#18,543 · (Edited)
Rodnok ya aint kidding, i just ordered a quart (one quart) of rear diff clutch fluid ....49 bucks, must be made out of baby seal eyeball fluid...thing that pisses me off most is i only need just over 1/2 quart...

#18,544 ·
In our area parts stores are getting fewer than before Advance Auto Parts bought up Carquest and each time that happens prices from front bumper to rear go up. Same as everything else big company comes in starts at low prices run Mom & Pop stores out then raise prices .

#18,545 ·
I can't afford to buy most parts locally now... 95% come from online somewhere.
Trans fluid and oil is cheapest at Walmart by far even beats online prices, sometimes online is cheaper for oil. Needed some 90 degree grease fittings, 9 bucks for 8. I ran out of kit I had them in. Whole kit online is 10 bucks.

#18,550 ·
Just picked up an ESC Eldorado so I took it for a test drive and did a slight interior clean because it started to rain. Also checked out all my engine fluids to make sure they were good. This one doesn't seem to have the overheating issue my 96 did so yeah. Enjoying that extra chrome as well

#18,551 ·
So as mentioned before in this thread, my friend snagged himself a 94 Eldo for $500. We couldnt get it fired up at first, we replaced the FPR and nothing. Well, he still bought it and had it towed home. Its in a bit of rough shape, needs a deep deep cleaning in the engine bay, but found him an ICM with coils for $20 up the hwy from here in Prosser, WA. Installed it and she fired right up and runs great, no leaks either. But it does have a full tank of 3yr old gas, so we're gonna syphon it.

Also found him the FSM set for $9 on eBay, great shape too

Book Font Material property Publication Paper

Font Handwriting Paper Drawing Paper product

Publication Wood Book Font Shelving

#18,552 ·
Back from another 1500 mile round trip to the north. The 97 performed very well.
New rear air compressor and a new shock did wonders for the ride.
Fixed friend's Mercury grand marquis starter, did oil changes on his cars and routine maintenance for him.
Helped his son replace a ball joint on a Honda civic after he hit a tire cap and damaged some suspension parts.
Welded up exhaust and made a new brake line for a different Honda for his daughter to learn to drive in. Man that thing rides like a truck with no suspension. I could barely get out of it after a 15 minute drive.

#18,553 ·
Things are going quite smooth with the 2000 Eldorado ESC here. No overheating checked all the liquids and will be soon giving it a full on detail when I get some spare time. Also took it for a drive for 22 mile trip to on some mildly hilly roads and it did real well. So far its going good.