Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#18,094 ·
A couple of days ago I installed a new battery in my key fob but it didn’t seem to make it work any better... It would only work maybe half the time and only if I was standing right next to the car. So today I took it apart again and cleaned every part of the inside of it. Maan was it dirty.. I mean it was at least 10x dirtier than any of the youtube vids showing how to clean it. Lol.

The good news is it works perfectly now. Even from inside the house about 30ft. away.[emoji4]

#18,099 ·
Looking good!

The old rack is now only connected by the fluid lines and the bolt that connects it to the steering column. I am EXCITED! Think rear rack drop next week and get the new one in there. Then hook it all up, prime the system, and power steering for the first time in 6 years!!

Clyde is up to 167k and counting. Did a proper hand wash for the first time in a long time...looks SOOOOOO good!

#18,102 ·
Wow 6yrs. without power steering? And I thought I roughed it pretty long...

The power steering hose on my old 97’ SLS busted 1 day after dealing with heavy leakage for what must’ve been months. I forgot what the independent Cadillac dealer said it would cost to fix the entire power steering system but it was some upsurd amount of money so I just went ahead and drove the car with no power steering for the last year I owned it.

When I sold it I got some calls and 1 guy asked what was wrong with the car and I ran down the list including the No Power Steering like I had mentioned in the add... So he says “ok, no power steering, so I’ll just bring a bottle of power steering fluid. No problem”

I said, “no no, you don’t understand, this car has No power steering meaning there is no power steering in this car... Even if you bring some fluid there ain’t even no hoses for you to dump the fluid into”! Lmao.[emoji23]

His response was “oh damn”

#18,106 ·
Installed Nordlock washers on bolts for lower front struts. The damn CTS just kept going out of wheel alignment.

Tinman noticed it was a common problem among CTS-Vs and led me on the solution.

The mechanic told me that with the new washers and bolts tightened until you shit your pants - the damn thing will never move again.

Wheel alignment scheduled for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18,110 ·
Garage queen. California Duster an hour ago. Nasty, wet weather - just over 14" of rain since ISAIAS went through and trashed the area.

ISAIAS - 8.8" of rain in less than 13 hours - looking SW from the gravel road.

All you should see is green grass from here to the house..............

Nature reserve Water Water resources Property Natural environment

#18,111 ·
[Sunday] I went outside to replace my windshield washer fluid.. I turned my back for 1 minute and my cat decides to make herself comfortable. Geez...

How do I drain all the old windshield washer fluid out? With the wet vac.

Only thing I need to complete the deal towards a perfectly clean windshield at the push of a button is a new set of blades because 1 of my current ones no longer works properly.. So I just ordered a new set on Ebay. I like these silicon blades. They work perfect and last alot longer than standard rubber blades. And they’re only $10.99 for the pair.

What kind of wiper blades do you guys use?

#18,112 ·
If you need new wipers, Pep Boys has Hybrid Wipers on sale for $3.67 each. You just have to pick them up in store. I put them on my DTS. They're okay, but I only had them on for a month.

Had an intermittent leaking brake caliper on my 2011 DTS. I also had a noise coming from the front passenger side. I thought it was a wheel bearing.

Finally took the time to go to the dealer and have it fixed. I have the GMEPP warranty on my car, so I wouldn't be paying everything out of pocket.

The dealer replaced the caliper and both front wheel bearings. I've had the passenger wheel bearing noise since December, so I figured that would be replaced. But apparently both bearings had play and were "noisy".

However, In January I had an alignment done and he said there was no play in any bearings 🤔

The cost of labor and parts was $1,300, but I only paid $100 😉

I only drove the car a bit, but it seems the noise is gone.