Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#82 ·
also, dont know if this counts as doing something TO my car, but last night i bought 2 pair of infinity kappa perfect 6.1's got a killer deal on em

Also scored big on ebay, 4 channel infinity amp for the kappas, 111w RMSx4 for $11 + shipping

its FOR the Allante even though it hasnt been done TO it yet

#83 ·
what did i do to mya car today lets see nothing how ever what soeone els did to my car today is what pisses me off
just got back from Body shop estimate is at 1150.55 cent
and no camera was in the parking lot and someone scraped the car whyll i was in the store casuing the 2 passanger side doors to be scratch rear door to be dented and middle of door outer molding to be scraches up prfeaty bad
all in all
now this is going to cost me 500 for a deductable
because some jerk that runs scared and doenst want to live up to the fact they hit someones car did that ok rant is over thats waht happend to my car today

#85 · (Edited)
im still waiting to hear back from the claim rep
they are trying to figure out what it would go under
at first the rep though Collision
then i said why not comp car was not in motion during accident
then rep went to talk to supervisor
then he came back saying well it might not have been a car so if it wasn't a car and perhaps a shopping cart hit the car but that damage no way i would think it would be a shopping cart
but they said if it could be considered that then it would be Comp and not Collision

then also i said even if its not
can it be considered vandalism the guy or girl had to be doing something stupid to get there car that close to mine they said well it was probably the there bumper that hit mine
so they are trying to figure out what is will be under
if its Collision then im out 500 but my dad works with the guy who owns the body shop alot and he said that his price he got me when i went in he gave me the 1150.55 after taxes but id probably only pay about 1000 of that at the most
so at least my 500 wont be a full 500
how ever
im hoping it comes back under Comp and then my Deductable is only 250 and if he does it in at 1000 then if i get it under comp it will only cost me a 100 out of pocket

this is just really pissy no matter how much it is its more then it should be it shouldn't be anything cause ppl need to respect others property

#98 ·
Of all the speakers I've owned, my Infinity's have been by far the best. They can take a beating too.

Just remember not all levels work the same. The Kappas are strong, the Reference components are killer, but you gott give 'em plenty of power!

#90 ·
I came out to my van today and found a crease in the right rear quarter panel. I know it wasnt there yesterday. guess I'll have to get out a 2x4 and a hammer.
last time someone hit one of my vehicles in the college parking lot, I got a scratch on the dent inside a dent inside a dent on the fender of my caddy (yes I'm serious.)

#91 ·
I came out to my van today and found a crease in the right rear quarter panel. I know it wasnt there yesterday. guess I'll have to get out a 2x4 and a hammer.
last time someone hit one of my vehicles in the college parking lot, I got a scratch on the dent inside a dent inside a dent on the fender of my caddy (yes I'm serious.)

In other serious thread-related news: I FINALLY HAVE A WORKING HORN! It's been almost a year LOL

#92 ·
Beep beep. You have officially been pimped.

Drove it about 40 miles. 19.6 mpg!

Adjusted cruise control cable position as it was holding the throttle open slightly, Idling at 1100 rpm. Damnit I spent an hour looking for a vacuum leak...

If i post everything I do to my car(s) this thread will get very long very fast.

#93 ·
Tuned up to 5000RPM and ran outta injectors. Bought Blizzaks from Jesse and drove 386 miles home. 80MPH at 1700RPM (that's one hell of an overdrive)

#100 ·
Today i checked the fuel pump see if i could hear it sounded like i could but latter sounded like i couldn't
checked fuse again looked good
tried to start battery was around 10 hood jumper cables up jump from 10 to 13.4 13.5 got has hi as 14.0 so no chance that the batter is the problem
checked fuel rail again not even air nothing
put another 2.5 gallons in hoping that would help tried to start
no go no start final decided giving up for today

#107 · (Edited)
OK. A long day of work followed by a long day of working on the Bricklin.

1) Distributor cap and new spark plug wires done.
2) Installed new thermostat. The previous owner installed a 160 degree one (seriously?). Back up to 180.
3) Had to drill and tap some new paths for the radiator screws. The new ones are 5/16, except the bottom left (a fun surprise if the new owner has to change out the radiator, if I sell).
4) Plugged up the valves. Now, the air will only push the doors up; gravity will let them shut (I honestly don't know why the original plan was to have them pneumatically close...)
5) Went to NAPA to pick up belts. A warning to all - DON'T BLINDLY TRUST WHAT YOU READ ON AN INTERNET FORUM. The belts I wrote down from the Bricklin Forum were completely wrong - I had to drive home to get the old ones to verify!
6) Ordered new radiator hoses while at NAPA. They'll be here Monday, hopefully with my new air compressor and Mazda Pulse Generator.
7) Installed new belts - Power Steering, A/C, and Alternator (Smog pump has been removed - no emissions for me). After that, it was time to call it a day.

Overall, the mechanicals are almost there. I just have to reinstall the radiator and fan, dial in the carb, and hunt down any vacuum leaks (which I'm sure will be plenty). Next week I'll finalize the pneumatic system and then it's back to the interior (and my Corbeau seats should ship "first thing next week" according to the seller)!

After that, we just wait for the body panels. Hopefully the entire thing will be done by the Summer.

#108 ·
Got rid of it...