Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#5,645 ·
Created a shopping list for when I can get the chance to actually work on my cars again. Also messed with more scheduling to accomodate Shenanigans of auto-related nature.

With this month's upcoming Schedule, it will undoubtedly be a busy month for anyone in "The Industry"

June 13-17: Cadillac LaSalle Club Grand National in Saint Augustine, Florida. Meeting Craig there, because we're awesome like that.
June 18-22: Professional Car Society International Meet in Daytona Beach, Florida. Hearses and Limos and Ambulances, oh my.
June 22-24: HearseCon in Denver, Colorado as ran by The Hearse Club itself, a founding member of the NHAA. HearseCon is regarded as "The best damned international Hearse Convention ever" with their catchphrase being "The only Hearseclub meet so good, the rest of your life will be a bitter disappointment by comparison" and has been known to live up to this title.

I hope to possibly see a few Hearses at the Grand National meet with Craig, even if it is not a Hearse-oriented gathering, simply because everyone will be coming through for the PCS meet in Daytona. If they don't show up, it's cool. Like every city I spend my free time in, I know where all the local Hearses will be anyhow and am friends with nearly all of the owners. I will hopefully find a few on the Interstate headed to Daytona as I head down. I have only in my life ever encountered three Hearses that were being driven "just because" without foreknowledge that they would be there, as we were meeting at an event. Naturally, they were all across the country in my usual hiding spots (One in Vegas, one in St Augustine and in the Four-Corners area outside my brother's apartment) just as naturally, I never got the chance to stop and chat with any of these interesting lunatics/people.

Best of all, when I get back to regular activities I can proceed forward with the pile of 460ci, 998ci and best of all 500ci themed goodies that will have accumulated in my absence.

#5,646 ·
took the accessory brackets off my 307.
I can honestly say I will not miss that motor, aside from the quietness.
I hated the low power, the bad mileage, and worst of all, the spark knock.If you stomped on it, when you let off, it would start knocking and wouldn't stop until you let the car sit for an extended period of time.It also liked to knock if you turned right too fast without stopping.

#5,649 ·
^When my coworkers first saw my car, years ago and wanted to see under the hood, it got really quiet for a bit then someone chimed in "Hey, do you remember that scene in Aliens..." (Referencing the ship's interior)

He can't really name the car that though, because once he puts the other engine in, he will no longer have all of those vacuum lines running every which way.

#5,654 ·
i hate the rain here, but when i used to live in florida (before i had a car to worry about) i used to love when it rained there. It would get all dark and ominous like some real shit was about to go down. all of a sudden if be like "RAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNN". 5-10, MAYBE 15 minutes later the whole place was flooded and the rain would stop.

#5,655 ·
Finally got the headlight covers cleaned up!

Before:

After:

MUCH better!

#5,664 ·
It was the BG "Class Act" Headlight Restoration Kit I used to sell. Had to drive 75 miles south to a former client to have it done, but it was money well spent! It looks like new again! After 24 hours, I can wash the vehicle and have the whole car looking brand new!

The service cost me $74 with labor, but they've got a two year warranty and in the three years I sold BG, I never heard a customer complain about it.
http://www.bgprod.com/products/headlightrestoration.html

Reactions: OffThaHorseCEO
#5,661 ·
Threw on my track wheels to try to locate a little vibration on the V. Cleaned the pads and sprayed on some brake quiet. The squeal on those DTC-30s were just too much lately.

Went out for a drive on the track rubber and was cruising Worcester. Twas nice. Tomorrow, I'll clean both sets of wheels and put the stickers back on...

#5,665 ·
CadillacLuke24 said:
Did you find the vibration?

I may need to overhaul the suspension. I have a slight shimmy when braking after hard and prolonged acceleration.
It's actually a shimmy at highway speeds. I still had a little with the track wheels so I may just swing it by my mechanic and see what he thinks. Maybe a hub. Maybe even a slightly warped rotor hat...

Either way its not bad, very slight.

#5,679 ·
I've done lots of those headlight restoration services on various Chryslers like yours, it makes a huge difference.