Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'Tis about that time again.... FLORIDA SUMMER 2011

19K views 155 replies 18 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
So last year was a blast. :) Does anyone want to do it again?

I know I do. :) If so: where? West Palm again? Some place else? This is all in serious conceptual stages as of now, so fire some ideas out there.:stirpot:

#126 ·
Friday:
Afternoon:
1. Perhaps meet up at a Cadillac dealership. See if we can convince them to let us test drive a V. :lol: Gift shops are always cool at those places though.
2. Quick-ish lunch. Something decent but not expensive. Last year I believe we met up at Applebees before heading down to the show
3. Evening of course will be mostly dominated by the Tower Shops car show. We'll see what happens with seating arrangements based on how many attend/can cram into the wagon, or what Craig ends up renting for the weekend.

Saturday:
1. Morning empty
2. Dinner at some place within the CityPlace. There are a LOT of restaurants there: http://www.westpalmbeach.com/cityplace/ Plus it's one of Sal's most frequent haunts, so he'll be bound to show up. :lol:
3. I had an awesome show located in MY home town, but July is a stupid month that begins on a Saturday, so the "second Saturday" is before the meet. Curses!

Sunday:
1. For those who are interested, scrapyard trip. I know I'm going.
2. Maybe a movie, or a visit to the museum in my city ('tis small, I hear).
Otherwise, everyone leaves. Hopefully no more fuel pump issues. (Now that Josiah has a new car. :))

I'm still working on it, obviously. It'll be more polished, I promise!

#128 ·
Just saw this.... unless something else comes up I should be able to make this trip - would be neat to meet a lot of folks here, plus enjoy a weekend away.

I'd most likely end up driving the Jeep down, not much says go green than a max of 16mpg hwy - unless I break it then it'd be the Panzer and I'd get to show everyone how a worn out old German tank still kicks butt.

Central GA here right off 75. Anyone that wanted to ride along or caravan down would be more than welcome to, heck crash at my place if ya want.

#140 ·
Unfortunately, working for The Man pays my mortgage, amongst other things. Deeply inconvenient, but there it is. I really must work on my top secret plan to become independently wealthy.

It may be a blessing in disguise, though. That weekend, CalTrans is shutting down I-405 between the San Fernando Valley and the westside of LA, while at the same time Pacific Coast Highway is under construction. Those are really the only two ways for me to get home from LAX, unless I want to take a very scenic tour of the LA basin. The yokel news and paper have already christened it "Carmageddon". :lol:

#144 ·
I'm back! (Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated)

Road Trip in bound. My car actually has some of it's electronics in it this time too so Hoorah. Also, it turns out I have a house down there to stay in that I kind of may have forgotten about last year, so double-hoorah. Actually, I am making a different Road Trip this Thursday in my truck with the intention of purchasing another non-Cadillac *gasp* and meanwhile, tomorrow (Wednesday) I have to drop my Hearse off at the bodyshop to have the rear driver's quarter repaired again for an identical "Sorry, I hit your car while you were parked at the far end of your driveway somehow" accident as the last time, but I promise it will be the Cadillac that I show up in with tools for the junkyard trip and merriment and joy and even some stereo mumbo-jumbo for Sting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.