Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locked because of stupidity

10K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Rolex 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to try to add a factory NAV unit to an 02 STS. I'd like to try disconnecting the internal battery to avoid the dealer reprogramming fee of the Theftlock, but I need to find the firmware CD 19115256 which has been mentioned in earlier threads, in order to reprogram it, but I don't seem to find it anywhere to download (at least not for free). Any suggestions on where to find the CD/firmware file would be appreciated! Doug

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Where to find Nav firmware disk #19115256 these days?

I did find a Navigation DVD Version 6.0 It says it will work with Deville DTS & the XLR Roadster. It doesn't specify the years though and says it was released Mid 2006. Your best bet is to search for torrents. This is a copyrighted disc so I cannot help you out with this other than to tell you to search for Denso_GPS_Navigation_DVD-Cadillac-DTS&XLR_v6.00. The disc does not have the LOADING.KWI file that does the update though...

Fleetwood96 If I had it I would definitely send a copy your way but unfortunately I am also looking for firmware too, as I am looking to do the same. If I find it on the interwebs I will let you know but its looking pretty grim.

**Sorry to hijack this thread.
Looking to find the firmware disc to download for a 2005 unit 462200-5312 (denso) 25764007 (gm)

This is very exhausting searching I have been at it for quite a while! LOL

#3 ·

I do have MAP DVDs version 1.1, 6.0, and 7.0. There's even a newer 8.0 version I don't have. I checked them all and don't see anything about a LOADING.KWI file. From what I've read, this was a special firmware CD (not a DVD) and the firmware isn't on the map DVDs. I did come across what appears to be the GM part # I mentioned earlier 19115256 available to download from torrent, but I have to sign up for $5 bucks. I don't have any experience with that site to know if this is good or a scam or what. It might be worth the $5 investment using a "virtual" one-time credit card # just to see what I get with that download.

My NAV unit will be here by this weekend. Unless someone has the firmware, I'll probably try the torrent download once the NAV arrives.

#4 · (Edited)

I do have MAP DVDs version 1.1, 6.0, and 7.0. There's even a newer 8.0 version I don't have. I checked them all and don't see anything about a LOADING.KWI file. From what I've read, this was a special firmware CD (not a DVD) and the firmware isn't on the map DVDs. I did come across what appears to be the GM part # I mentioned earlier 19115256 available to download from torrent, but I have to sign up for $5 bucks. I don't have any experience with that site to know if this is good or a scam or what. It might be worth the $5 investment using a "virtual" one-time credit card # just to see what I get with that download.

My NAV unit will be here by this weekend. Unless someone has the firmware, I'll probably try the torrent download once the NAV arrives.
You should NEVER pay for anything from a torrent EVER, so with that said its probably a scam and I would urge you to stay away from that one.

That's funny my NAV should be here this weekend also maybe even tomorrow. I had read somewhere that if the part number has a U and the end of it that it includes a firmware update with the map. I can't confirm that though so there in lies the problem. Ive have been searching longer than a care to remember in the past few days and have come up empty handed!

Maybe if we posted this in the Deville Froum it will get a little more attention?

#5 ·

That's interesting about the "U" in the part #. I had not heard that and have wondered what the "U" meant. Both my 6.0 and 7.0 DVDs have a "U" at the end: 15923893U (dated 2006) and 25861392U. If either has the firmware on them, it's not obvious to me by the filenames on the disks. They each have several .KWI files such as DICVCE34, DICVCE56, KGRPDAT, SPEC, METADATA, INDEXDAT, and the "main" file ALLDATA which is 3GB alone. Each DVD also has a subdirectory called IDX which has a bunch of IDX files in there (indexes, I presume).

#6 ·

I have installed the NAV unit in the 02 STS this weekend and have noticed a couple of surprises! I did have to remove 4 wires completely from the "C1" connector and relocate the VSS wire from F4 to F2. Once it was hooked up, I turned the key to accessory (as to not activate Theftlock) and proceeded to check out the functions (radio, CD changer, NAV maps). Everything looked fine (except for the fact that I don't have GPS antenna yet so it showed me as being in Washington DC).

I then decided to go ahead and unhook the internal battery to let the firmware clear out. But what do you know, I tried it twice (the first time for just a few seconds; the second time for over 1/2 hour) but after reattaching the lithium battery and plugging the unit back in the unit did NOT reset - the radio/NAV still works just as before. (Surprise #1) I then decided to go ahead and start the engine - here I expected to become TheftLocked at this point, but wasn't! I drove the STS around the block (so low speed) and it stayed on the whole way. Perhaps TheftLock doesn't engage until a certain speed (like 35MPH)? (Surprise #2)

Anyway, the unit came with a scratched-up version 3.0 of the NAV map DVD - I checked it and it did have a LOADING.KWI file dated from 2002. Not the newest from CD #19115256 but it is something and I was going to use it to reprogram the unit if the firmware would ever clear out. So far, though, I don't seem to need to do it unless TheftLock decides to show itself!

#7 ·

Congrats! I am still waiting on a few parts to make my harness yet should be here very soon. I didn't get any disc at all with mine but then again the nav unit is out of a 2005 and was only 100 bucks. Mine is theft locked so ill have to go to the dealer.

#8 ·

Looks like we aren't going to find any support here for our firmware needs. I just found out that I am going to need it also because my map disc isn't working correctly.

Could someone upload this to a torrent or something?? I am sure someone out there has this, Id rather not play games with the dealership if I don't have too.

#9 ·

Just wanted to bump this thread since I'm in the same situation.

Trying to install a 2002 nav unit into my 2002 SLS & really don't wanna have to fork over $100+ to a dealer to get it reset for my VIN.

Any ideas on where I can get access to the firmware disc needed?

Thanks,
Stephen

#11 ·

Does any one have a copy of the 19115256 CD. I have spent days trying to find one at dealerships, online, etc...I have a useless Navigation...I would be willing to pay someone for a copy of the CD....Its worth it. Was really looking forward to using my NAV in my Seville...Even Jason made the custom harness for me but cant use it because of the firmware being dumped.

Ryan

#17 ·

You can't order it thru any of the parts houses, I've tried 3 different ones, they take the order based on the part number, but within 24 hours they send you an email saying the order is cancelled becasue the manufacturer has discontinued the part and they can't get it.

#22 ·

Be careful - Pirated software is not allowed in CF - you, and anyone who replies, may just wind up with a long vacation from the site.

#23 ·

Be careful - Pirated software is not allowed in CF - you, and anyone who replies, may just wind up with a long vacation from the site.
And a visit from the FBI.

You guys don't seem to appreciate that sharing copyrighted software is a federal crime. The department of justice has successfully extradited foreign citizens from Europe and Canada to face federal prosecution. The Net Act has terribly stiff penalties that ruin people's lives.

Anything you post here is in the public view. The FBI's cyber crime division considers this kind of thing low-lying fruit....easy pickings.

For your own good, stop discussing sharing software on this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.