Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gto TVS 1900 on an ls2 CTS-V?

woodnutz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Gto TVS 1900 on an ls2 CTS-V?

Anyone know where to located a C6 LS2 TVS1900 kit? I can not seem to locate one...magnacharger does not list one on their site from what I saw.

lilrob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

just curious if this is still up in the air or everyone gave up....i have been wanting to do the same

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    TVS2300 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV2300KIT

TVS1900 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV1900KIT

Holdens are the Australian Pontiacs G8/GTO cars. They have the same motors as us. LS1/6 and LS2. I figure that they would be ok as long as you could figure out the pulley issue that they were talking about earlier. This was the way I have been envisioning after I get the money to have the lower end rebuilt to take as much boost as possible on E85.

Course, if I have the lower end built (I lack the necessary equipment to do it in my garage) I will probably get some different heads so I can run a Whipple or Kennel Belle or something.
    Last edited by RyRidesMotoX; 01-22-13 at 10:58 PM.

ls6v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    TVS2300 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV2300KIT

TVS1900 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV1900KIT

Holdens are the Australian Pontiacs G8/GTO cars. They have the same motors as us. LS1/6 and LS2. I figure that they would be ok as long as you could figure out the pulley issue that they were talking about earlier. This was the way I have been envisioning after I get the money to have the lower end rebuilt to take as much boost as possible on E85.

Course, if I have the lower end built (I lack the necessary equipment to do it in my garage) I will probably get some different heads so I can run a Whipple or Kennel Belle or something.
    Looks like the generic setup blowers on the site are something that could possibly be made to work with our cars, a 2300 would be pretty sweet

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Yea but I think the stock LS6 in my car would need a total rebuild to take what a 2300 could throw at it. Plus I would want the intercooler also. Also either 1900 or 2300 would probably be too much for the stock diff... That is complete speculation if course but if I was gonna have a 2300 on there I would be mighty careful with her til I had an 8.8 or 9 inch in there.

ls6v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yea but I think the stock LS6 in my car would need a total rebuild to take what a 2300 could throw at it. Plus I would want the intercooler also. Also either 1900 or 2300 would probably be too much for the stock diff... That is complete speculation if course but if I was gonna have a 2300 on there I would be mighty careful with her til I had an 8.8 or 9 inch in there.
    The 2300 has an intercooled manifold. Ya I'll definitely be doing an 8.8 before I try anything like this. I think the 2300 would work fine on a stock motor with modest boost. I saw a thread online where someone used a 3.3l blower on a stock ls6, sounds like a bomb under the hood of course but would be killer to say I had one of those under the hood.

DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Don't understand how you blew past my post and found this one to revive from the dead. GTO kit will not work, the pulley offset is different. I installed an Edelbrock E-Force TVS 2300 on my otherwise stock LS6 and it's working fine, you just have to make it work...just as with anything else.

Interesting find - If you look at the Harrop link, they offer a "Stealth Force" supercharger...it's an Edelbrock E-Force. Check it out.

Here's my thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ce-thread.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123