Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Inconsiderate

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  kevm14 
#1 · (Edited)
Believe me, I want to type much worse.

Somehow, at my work place, people appear not to give a crap about what happens in the parking lot. There are a mix of nice cars and not, but mostly, people just don't seem to care. I park at a Gov't facility/campus which is gated, so it's not even the general public that's my problem.

I can barely understand how this would even happen, except someone with something like a laptop bag turning around and swiping this trim piece. There are MANY scratches and some are quite deep, down to what looks like metal or at least primer. This is on the A-pillar and the glass is the windshield. The camera and flash aren't really showing everything. It WILL NOT be removed by compound.

It's been 3 weeks, and this happens already??? Granted it's scratches not "real body damage" but somehow that doesn't make me feel a lot better.

Questions: this seems like plastic, and it also seems like it can be removed if you take the cowl cover off. I might even be able to get a brand new piece, painted Stealth Gray from GM. Can anybody help with that, so if I find this person, I can tell them exactly what to pay me?

EDIT:

Ok those pics aren't doing it.

Here are two better ones.

See less See more
#5 ·
Man that really sucks. I park in a govt gated rooftop and I park in the back row every day so all the people walking to and from their cars don't go walking by mine. I can't count how many times i've seen people walking between cars without a care and smashing their bags/purses/fat asses into the cars. It is really unbelievable. They practically scrape every car they walk by. One day I even saw this guy stop on the way to the door, set a cooler on top of someone else's car (not their own), fidget around a bit, and then slide the cooler off of the roof of that car. I wanted to smash his face through a windshield and ask him wtf he was thinking. Within one week of getting my V, I had a ding in the horizontal moulding on the door panel from someone else opening theirs without paying attention. I don't understand how people can be so careless. When I walk by other cars the very first thing I think about is to be careful and make sure I don't hit/scratch anything.

#7 ·
Try emailing fparts on ebay, they specialize in corvettes, but have about 4 CTS-V in lot, one just so happens to be a Stealth Gray/same color as yours. They may have a nice set of windshield trim. I know GM sells the rear light panel and rockers painted or unpainted, but do not think the trim comes painted.

#9 ·
this is why I dont think I want a new car ever again. Other than the V, my last few cars were so tainted already, I didnt really care. But the V, I was terrified to park it. I work at a small company, so I felt safe in the parking lot outside my office. Everyone here respected that car. But I never wanted to take it to the store, or anywhere I would have to leave it in a public space. So I got into the habit of not driving it much. Which led to me selling it.

My current car, if I saw someone walk up to it and kick a panel, I wouldn't bat an eye. I like not having to worry anymore.

#10 ·
it's hard for me to tell where the scratches are...but my wife has them all over the hood and down the fenders....fu___k squirrels jumpin out of the trees.. do u ever park under trees,, also cats love to scratch the f k out of cars and also racoons..especially if you park near your trash cans....so i suggest u eat a lot of squirrel meat this winter.:yup: sorry bout the scratches..been there already:yup:

#12 ·
People who don't care about their property sure as hell don't care about yours. It looks like someone dragged a bag/briefcase across it. Best bet is to park as far away as possible. It reduces the number of people for whom your car is a convenient table/desk/bench/trashcan. Get it fixed, and be glad it wasn't the roof/hood/trunk.

#18 ·
Dude, call off the base popo. Those marks were there 2 days before you looked at the car. A stupid bitch in a Beemer on her phone ran over a retread blowout and kicked it up in the air. That's where those marks came from. Shouldn't be any problem getting it fixed.
Good luck.

#21 ·
Um, I washed and waxed the car. I think I would have noticed this. Are we talking about the same thing??? I walk out to the car every day. It's backed in, like every day. I have a hard time believing they were there.

Driver's side A-pillar trim, maybe a foot down from the roof???

#20 ·
If this happened to me at the 1 month mark I probably would've had a heart attack. People are idiots...Park far, far away. You are at a govt facility, are there any security cams?

It looks like something got set on the car and it either slid down, or it scraped when the idiot removed it...Hopefully you can replace that piece cheap.. Until then I'd get as much out with the buffer and stuff as you can... then strip the wax etc. Using the sharp tip of a safety pin you can 'drag' and fill the scrape with a tiny bit of paint, then polish/wax/etc...the fact that the surface looks white under our paint doesn't help these issues.

I had 3 white spots on my black hood once. Thought it was bird poo... Nope. Missing paint. Not a fun day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.