Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

97K views 415 replies 25 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

#229 ·
Aw, I'm just a lowly Chevy owner. :p

But seriously.. a range would be fun for a Sunday afternoon thing. :) That way (sorry some guys) there's less of us and it'd be easier probably. Plus it's something we could do for a little, or for awhile depending on how we like it as a whole.

#236 ·
YIt was in my signature for months.
Hey Look! You're right. I'm not bright enough to notice that kind of stuff. If I was, I would have a "signature" myself.

Three years without a sick day, without being late and without taking vacation, showing up on all the extra times I've ever been needed and staying late or coming early to play Covershift for employees or simply to help out.

Publix Owes Me.

EDIT

Wait, that's not even a signature. Okay, so I don't even know what a Signature is or where it lurks.

#243 ·
The 10k was my entire savings, all locked away in a Cd from once-upon-a-time when I worked for Diznee. At least it's coming in handy now. Of course, I could always abuse this opportunity and once I get it back, invest all of it back into my car and may haps have a car that isn't leaking/rusty/whatnot...Possibilities abound.

#248 ·
Oh my god... lol So when I was in middle school, my best friend's mom was dating an Irish man named Donal and he had the thickest accent I've ever heard (ever). And once, my sister came over to get me home and he answered the door, and as soon as he spoke she goes "Can you do the Lucky Charms jingle?"

It was ridiculously embarassing. lol

#249 ·
I'm not Magical, so I'm not a Leprechaun (Though the word is DIRECTLY linked to the word "Dullahan") I just have a $10,000 sum of my savings hidden away in a place where nobody could ever find them and I-

You know what? That's making me sound MORE like a Leprechaun.

Since moving to FL I have learned to water the accent down and can speak with such a little portion of it that though people can DEFINITELY tell there IS an accent in here someplace, they cannot detect from where. This lead to great fun at Disney, where my suspected origin ranged over every continent, Antarctica included.:thumbsup: Having learned to water mine down I am kind-of-good at impersonating a few others and I am also rather good at poking fun at my Birth Mother's Staten Island accent, having grown up with it (It's obvious she's not the same mother who raised me...Thank The Gods I don't sound like HER, people already associate me with the Mafia too much around here)

As for Lucky Charms, they are just Cheerios with Marshmallows...making them worse than regular Cheerios, but this one time a few years ago when The ARMA did a thing in Ft. Lauderdale and myself and my two Sisters-From-Other-Misters who got to be raised in the cemetery with me, learning swordsmanship and other "useless talents" all got together, as they came down from Pennsylvania to meet me. At a random moment whilst in a shopping centre my Transylvanian sister and I were stopped by the other said sister and when we looked back, she snapped a photo. It wasn't until almost two years later when we finally heard what that was about, having all but forgotten. While walking up one of the aisles, she snapped the photo of us, her on the right, myself on the left and from the Camera's point of view, all that was seen was the two of us and the endcap displays at the ends of the aisles, a tower of Lucky Charms behind myself and another of Count Chocula behind her.

Ahh playful, sisterly racism and breakfast cereal can be a fun combination. I still have the photo, it still makes me laugh.

#263 ·
I vote we stuff as many as we can in the cavalier and go to a drive through for shenanigans!

Actually... no, the wagon is a better candidate :lol: At college we all stuffed into my roommates Hyundai Sonata, and when I brought the wagon up it was like a life saver. lmao

#264 ·
I vote we stuff as many as we can in the cavalier and go to a drive through for shenanigans!

Actually... no, the wagon is a better candidate :lol: At college we all stuffed into my roommates Hyundai Sonata, and when I brought the wagon up it was like a life saver. lmao
I'd think the Sonata would be more like the lifesaver (or lifeboat) for the wagon. You could suspend it on little davits off the the tailgate in case of a flat tire or something.

#267 · (Edited)
Well.... as far as I know, here's what I came up with (I was trying to do the guest list last night to think of how many reservations for dinner to call in)

Guest list:
Myself (Ray)
Greencadillacmatt (Matt the first, :thumbsup:)
93DevilleUSMC (Josiah)
ga etc (Austin)
Warren R (Warren)(driving in from Cailifornia :D!)
77CDV (Craig)(flying in from Cali, wondering when his flight is coming in?)
The-Dullahan (An enigma of an Irishman, :lol:)
Lupin (Matt the second)
Lupin's GF (Karli) (does she have a forum name? :))
Blue07CTS (Rob)
And one super secret special guest. :)

Possible Attendees:
Lord Cadillac (Sal)
Night Wolf (Rick)
Brizzal
Benzilla
GeneLaw1
Sprocket (Fellow wagoneer :thumbsup: )

So we made our goal of 10 cars and then some. :D I think I’ll call the dinner reservation in for 20, since there’s 17 right there, and it’s pretty close to the meet.

The loose itinerary as it sits is like this:
Friday sometime: Meet at the CityPlace mall (close proximity to the airport is key here, but this part is optional) (Craig I need to know when your flight is coming in?)

Those of us who might not want to wait at the mall (I will be, everyone doesn’t need to though) can go straight to Lion Country Safari and we can meet there. (Again, Sir Craig, when doth your flight alight?) [Yeah, I just did that.]

Depending on how much time there is afterward, maybe Brizzal could hint us toward one of those WPB area car shows he knows about. Actually, he told me something about a show in Loxahatchee, where LCS is. Hmm…

Saturday: Whenever we all wake up (noon-ish? LOL) we can spend the day at the car museum. I can imagine there’s at least a few hours’ worth of awesome cars there. If not, we can find something else during the day too. Or crash someone's hotel room since it's so godawful hot down here...

Afterward, we convoy down for dinner. It’s about 45 minutes South, so it should be fun to just drive in a long train of various cars. :thumbsup: Obviously dinner with this many people will probably be the end of the night, so we’ll all say farewells and such to those who are flying out or driving back.

Sunday: This is kind of a crap shoot. We’ve thought beach, shooting range, etc. etc. Concrete ideas go here. :)

And there you have it, the most recent writeup of the meet.

#268 ·
Sting and Matt, I wish I could join you all for the fun but I am tied down that weekend as we've discussed - have a cocktail or three for me! :) Toot your horn with some marketing on the wide world of this forum and let folks know that you have tons of fun brewing. :) By the way Sting, is your name really Ray?! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.