Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX mods! *Very pic heavy*

119K views 183 replies 69 participants last post by  DavidH62 
#1 ·
So, i got all my interior lights swapped out from crappy yellow (stock 3900K incandescent), to sweet 6000K LED. From V-LEDs.com. A GREAT upgrade over stock! :D Easy as pie too. All you need is a tiny head flathead screwdriver, and a medium torx for the rear seat "light guard", you'll see. Fourteen lights in all.
Also, WeatherTech front mats installed. Very nice!

Second also, Murray's installed my grill and fixed my front bumper! :D And in another week, tint and 3M!

Floor mats- in the stock lighting - Dark Titanium interior

Visor vanity lights -6000K colour (shown) is likely to mess with Ladies' makeup colour, recommend 5000K for Pure White light

Side by side comparo

Interior lights -pictures show clips and recommended insert points for screwdriver. Centre console lights (first shown) are tricky, use a cloth and driver to "pry" the lights out, careful, or you'll pop the chrome housing out of its clips. (My brother did that, :()

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

Continued because only so many pics allowed...

Under door lights

Rear seat lights, these ones are finicky, be careful!

Cargo area lights

Front floor comparo

Here's the Grill! Heavy Mesh, by E&G Classics. (space between grill and fascia is fixed now.)

A considerable improvement from stock!

#112 ·

Continued because only so many pics allowed...

Under door lights

Rear seat lights, these ones are finicky, be careful!

Cargo area lights

Front floor comparo

Here's the Grill! Heavy Mesh, by E&G Classics. (space between grill and fascia is fixed now.)

A considerable improvement from stock!
Great looking SRX you have there.

#3 ·

Continued again...

I also attempted to change the backup lights to LED, but came up cunfuzzled with the new bulbs. Definitely NOT a 921 equivalent!

#10 · (Edited)

Lighting improvement is awesome !! The process looks simple enough with a little patience. Now if you'll just post a V-LED parts list and description for the bulbs you changed you'll be everybody's new best friend.
I actually did in here, but i should reiterate anyway.

Here are some crossover numbers. These are just the LED suggested replacement.

Back Up- 16W -> G4 LED (small diameter)

DRL- W21/5W -> 7440

License Plate - W5W -> 194

Front Signal - WY21W -> 7443 *Unknown if SACK are needed or not* *Blinker Warning resister is likely needed* *Amber/Orange Recommended*

Rear Signal - W21W -> 7443 *Unknown if SRCK are needed or not* *Blinker Warning resister is likely needed* *Red Recommended*

Interior (yellow lights) - W5W - 194 *Must remain fairly small in order to fit in holder/bracket* *14 Interior lights are needed to replace all yellow ones*

Interior (vanity lights) - ?(it's just called vanity light) - LED Replacement *Only ONE is purchased at this price (from VLEDs dot com), FOUR are needed in the SRX*

Also, headlights in AFL equipped models is D2S bulbs.

Thanks all!

#16 · (Edited)

Cool, thanks for posting. Mind sharing your source for all the replacement lights as well as the Weathertech mats?
All replacment LED lights came from V-LEDs.com. Great quality stuff. I have used autolumination before, definitely not near as good. They have cheaper prices for a reason. :nono:

This one for interior lights. (x 7 (2 in a pack) x8 if you want plate frame) :D
Choice of colour for Vanity Here. (4x (1 in a pack)):thumbsup:

WeatherTech mats came from WeatherTech.ca. They have a .com for stateside too. No rear mats or cargo area mat is available yet.

Did you cover up the front lisence plate holes? If so what did you use? I was thinking of something from bumperplugs.com but wasnt sure what other options I would have.
Actually, that was the dealer's f up. I live in a province not requiring a front plate, and bought from one where a front plate is required. My SRX was rushed through the PDI and they put the frame on, after i asked them not to.
So i said i'm not signing "Completely Satisfied" until that bumper is fixed. So i brought it back to the dealer; they held it for three days, popped the bumper off, filled and bondo'ed her up, and repainted the whole front clip. Also installed my grill free of charge too! :D

#17 · (Edited)

I have what should be replacement driving lights (7440 in LED) but can't figure out how to remove the drivers side electrical centre! :bonkers:

If i can get them, replace the backup lights (somehow), LED fogs to match the headlights, and swap the headlights to 6000K, my lighting upgrade should be complete. But i can't find out what bulb size the AFL equipped models are! D1S is close, but the connectors don't match, so maybe D2S?

#19 ·

Very nice pics on the LEDs. It does look a lot swankier. But I'm not a fan of the grille, specifically, the E&G. There is just too much chrome border and it's never looked right to me, no matter what vehicle it's applied to. I like the stock grille much better...

#22 ·

doh! I should have used their, not there. lol
Don't forget, we have right turn, nichelle, socalgal, and quite a few other ladies on this site!

#24 ·

I like 6000K, it has a blue tinge to it, and i am a hardcore Blue fan.

5000K (Pure white) would also look amazing as well, and would give off more of a "heavenly" effect.

I eventually want to swap headlights, backup lights and foglights to 6000K as well. I have 6000K driving lights, but am at a standstill until i can figure out how to remove the electrical centre.

#26 ·

Thanks! I am unsure, as the dealer did mine, but my old grill has the sticky foam stuff stuck to it still where the symbol was, so you might need to knife it off, gently. Or some strong fishing line. I also had to adjust the top of mine, and drill two clip holes a little bigger on one side for it to fit flush and still use the clips.

#32 ·

Just installed thius grill and seem to have the same gap at the top of the right side top of the grill like yours did at first. How did they get it to move into place? We can't seem to get it that far back.
You have to loosen all the screws (with the clips removed), push the grill all the way in to where you like it, and tighten the screws down. Now, once having done this, the holes E&G allowed for the clips no longer line up, and you must decide on a way of modifiying the holes so the clips can fit back in. I just used a drill bit and routered sideways with it, then repainted the top with black gloss around the holes. It's the best i could do, it's too bad E&G didn't have it all line up better. :bigroll:

#35 ·

Captain. I just bought same grill for my blue srx. Have the same problem with grill and gap. How did you fix it??? Help! Thank you
Congrats!

You have to loosen all the screws (with the clips removed), push the grill all the way in to where you like it, and tighten the screws down. Now, once having done this, the holes E&G allowed for the clips no longer line up, and you must decide on a way of modifiying the holes so the clips can fit back in. I just used a drill bit and routered sideways with it, then repainted the top with black gloss around the holes. It's the best i could do, it's too bad E&G didn't have it all line up better. :bigroll:
;)

#37 ·

Mine seems to be ok. I didn't install it myself though, the dealer did. I just had to adjust it after i got home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.