Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX mods! *Very pic heavy*

119K views 183 replies 69 participants last post by  DavidH62 
#1 ·
So, i got all my interior lights swapped out from crappy yellow (stock 3900K incandescent), to sweet 6000K LED. From V-LEDs.com. A GREAT upgrade over stock! :D Easy as pie too. All you need is a tiny head flathead screwdriver, and a medium torx for the rear seat "light guard", you'll see. Fourteen lights in all.
Also, WeatherTech front mats installed. Very nice!

Second also, Murray's installed my grill and fixed my front bumper! :D And in another week, tint and 3M!

Floor mats- in the stock lighting - Dark Titanium interior

Visor vanity lights -6000K colour (shown) is likely to mess with Ladies' makeup colour, recommend 5000K for Pure White light

Side by side comparo

Interior lights -pictures show clips and recommended insert points for screwdriver. Centre console lights (first shown) are tricky, use a cloth and driver to "pry" the lights out, careful, or you'll pop the chrome housing out of its clips. (My brother did that, :()

See less See more
#39 ·
Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

That's alright, another fellow on here got his HID's installed too, so it's just the kinds of HID i bought, i guess. :mad:

It's ok, i think i will be getting LED fogs anyway. All the colour without pissing off other drivers. More show then go. :bouncy:

#41 ·

I am actually still stuck on trying to figure out the removal of the Electrical Centre (Underhood Main Fuse Box, behind driver's side headlight.) The other side is accesible through taking the airbox off, which i don't forsee being difficult. But i don't know how to move the Elec Centre without wrecking it!:confused: So until i can locate a service manual or a tech that knows how to, i am at a standstill. :(

#44 ·

Thanks to RStittner, i changed out my awful yellow DRL's for sweet 6000K LED DRL's. :D

Awful Stock

Sweet 6000K

An overexposed comparo. (Sorry)

Bulb comparo (7440 LED)

Done! :D

I was also able to confirm AFL equipped models use a D2S headlight bulb. I'm going to be ordering some pronto now! :D

#46 ·

I'm actually just going to go with LED fogs, that way they match the HID colour, but don't blind (and piss off) the people. The low/highs throw off more light then needed, and cut through fog nicely, so they'll just be cosmetic. Unless i fab up a projector casing into the fogs... then i would do a HID! :D

#48 ·

Look great!! I really love the grill! I seen the grill on a SRX in the showroom and inquired about it... the salesman said it was $1695 installed :crying2:, also said the old grill becomes unusable so i got the impression they have to break it to get it off. Is that true Captain?

Love the lights too!

#50 ·

Yea, i don't know about that. The emblem is reused, and i got my old upper grill back, but not the lower. lol So i'm thinking they may have broken it to install. I was lucky, they screwed the plate frame on the front of mine, of which i didn't want, so they put my grill in for free. I think if i would have done it myself it would have been a pain without taking the whole front fascia off. The grill itself is in the $650-750 area depending on where you get it and what type. (heavy mesh, fine mesh, double weave)
I don't think i'll use the old grill for much other then a wall hanging trophy like thing anyway. lol

#51 ·

New mods again today! 6000K D2S headlights and 6000K 28 LED H10/9005 foglights! Man are these fogs bright! And all my front lights are now matching in colour, i just have to wait for my spare backup lights to come in before i can mod them to 6000K as well! :D

#53 ·

The D2S bulbs are rather cake to change out, of course once you get to them. Spin the big circle off, turn the ignitor to one side (it says on the back), pull it off, release two metal bracket things to release the bulb and reverse! *Carefull! AFM system (mounts) are likely to be fragile, and the bulb turns, don't forget!*

#55 ·

Good Day, captain!
i've been following ur posts since lastyear when the SRX became available in canada and i like all the mods you made to your SRX. i just have a few questions before i delve into this DIY stuff.
*i would like to match my foglights and my DRLs to my headlights. i was wondering should i go with the 5000k or 6000k to match it? and where do you recommend on buying it? i'm from the prairies as well.
* also did you end up changing your signal lights and back up lights to LEDs?
thanks so much for the info you've been so helpful!

#56 ·

Hello OilCaddy! I would recommend 5000K to match up with the stock headlights as much as possible, and i would go with either V-LEDs.com or autolumination.com. Both are reputable sites with lots of stuff. If you are near Saskatoon, Tiger Auto carries lots of LED's and i looked at them after i bought mine, they seem to have a good selection, and are better for warranty then the websites. I imagine Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton and Calgary will have similar Auto Upgrade stores as well, but i am most familiar with Stoon. (Even though i am 5 hours away lol)

I actually had to change out my drl's back to halogen PIAA hyper white lights (in the 5200K spectrum, my headlights are Philips 5200K as well, still running 6000K LED fogs.) because for some reason my LED's in my DRL's blew up. Within three months of putting them in. I have had NO problems with the LED foglights, and have not changed the signal or back up lights. I would like to change the backup lights, but that is going to be a custom job sometime, as no one makes an LED replacement.

Here's a new pic with the PIAA's.

#57 ·

thanks for the info Cap'n!

One more thing: How were you able to run the headlights, DRL and foglights On all at the same time? shouldn't the DRLs be off at night?

Nice to see you've gotten a hold of 18 stocks. when i got mine last Nov '09 its was hard to get a hold of them i ended up getting 20 dubs and toyo g02 plus, which i really regret when i saw yours, they're awesome!

#58 ·

Yea, the night pics actually don't have the DRL's on, that's just extra light being spread around the casing from the headlights.

And the 18's are really good for the winter, i was fortunate to find a set!

#59 ·

Yea, the night pics actually don't have the DRL's on, that's just extra light being spread around the casing from the headlights.

And the 18's are really good for the winter, i was fortunate to find a set!
Captain i finally found auto upgrade stores close to home and they have PIAA as a supplier but they can't seem to find the equivalents for the 2010 SRX DRLs and Fogs. the catalogue (online&brochure) is showing headlights only for the 2010 SRX. If you can possibly give me the PIAA part #or name for the DRL bulbs that u hav installed so i can tell the store and the also for the fog lights, does PIAA have an equivalent so i can just all purchase them in one store if you can also give me the part # or name that would be great. i apologize for my ignorance i really dont know anything about this stuff!

#60 ·

Hmm, all i have is the DRL's are a 7440 (7443 works too), and the Foglights are H11's. I'll take a look to see if i still have the package for the DRL's.
And Headlights are D2S in AFL equipped models, and 9007 in non AFL models.

#61 ·

thanks again captain!
'coz nobody in the 4 shops i went to can help me, i told them that somebody in the forums (you) was able to use the piaa or led equivalent for the drls and fogs but they said they don't have any references to the 2010s yet. i gave them the numbers you gave me but they wouldn't take it.

#62 ·

My Captain,
Got a new project for you.
Red LED rear fog lights.
Rear fog lights came standard equipment on our 2002 Olds Aurora and really liked the way they made the vehicle visible in any type of weather conditions. Blizzards, torential rain, anything. Could see the back of our vehicle from a mile away when all others disappeared in the mire.
As much as I like the way the SRX tail light "pipes" look in good weather they are kind of anemic when the weather isn't so great.
Was thinking that fake extra back-up light on each side of the vehicle might be a good location for them.

#63 ·

My Captain,
Got a new project for you.
Red LED rear fog lights.
Rear fog lights came standard equipment on our 2002 Olds Aurora and really liked the way they made the vehicle visible in any type of weather conditions. Blizzards, torential rain, anything. Could see the back of our vehicle from a mile away when all others disappeared in the mire.
As much as I like the way the SRX tail light "pipes" look in good weather they are kind of anemic when the weather isn't so great.
Was thinking that fake extra back-up light on each side of the vehicle might be a good location for them.
Are you referring to those red reflectors on the back bumper? If so, I think that replacing those with LEDs is an excellent idea. :yup:

#64 ·

Heard that mentioned as a possibility before, but no.
I'm referring to the second back-up light on each side of the vehicle which is not really a back-up light at all. If you look closely, it's a fake chrome light bulb which does absolutely nothing when the back-up lights are on. Was just thinking that would be a great place for rear fog lights seeing as how that terrific spot is totally wasted currently. Got all the reflectors there and everything. Should be a way to replace that fake chrome bulb with a really bright red LED that would go on with the front fog lights.

#65 ·

Oh that bulb spot would be good, except is a molded part of the taillight casing. So in order to use that spot, you'll have to drill or dremel that bulb out... Not something I'm willing to do to mine, but feel free to lead! I like steve's idea putting led's (long flat strip ones) just above or below that reflective strip. Should be a bit easier without having to drill into expensive taillight casings. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.