Cadillac Owners Forum banner
223K views 701 replies 132 participants last post by  Cadillaction77 
#1 ·
Anybody know a good source for some (cheaper) whitewall tires? I can't find any on tire-rack.com. I really like the Kelly Navigator Gold Series, but being a college kid with a movie-theater pay budget, I can't really afford them. They would be for the '84 DeVille. I'm not sure, but the tires on it may be origional. They aren't bald, but are starting to get down there. I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=undefined
GOODYEAR VIVA 2
Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire. Middle of the road reviews.
My old whitewalls will go on my '90 Brougham 'till I can get new ones (the fronts on there now are BAAAALD). Any tire input is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Re: WhiteWalls

Kuhmo Solus KR21

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5TR5KR21&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

This is what I am running on my 1991 Brougham. I assume your 1984 Deville runs the same size 225/75/R15's. Mine have about 4k miles on them now, they are quiet and ride nice. Very good tires in the rain as well, but our cars have oustanding traction for a RWD vehicle though.

Friend of mine is running the same tire on his 2004 2wd Toyota Tacoma truck, they have over 20k miles on them. His truck is pretty quiet and rides dead smooth at 80mph, and the tires still have 2/3 of the tread on them.

#208 ·

Kuhmo Solus KR21

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5TR5KR21&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

This is what I am running on my 1991 Brougham. I assume your 1984 Deville runs the same size 225/75/R15's. Mine have about 4k miles on them now, they are quiet and ride nice. Very good tires in the rain as well, but our cars have oustanding traction for a RWD vehicle though.

Friend of mine is running the same tire on his 2004 2wd Toyota Tacoma truck, they have over 20k miles on them. His truck is pretty quiet and rides dead smooth at 80mph, and the tires still have 2/3 of the tread on them.
I have the "XL" version (extra load) for the hearses. They work very well.

#5 ·

Thanks for all the links you guys! I just figured I'd start looking. And Sting, good luck with your white-stiped-project! That would be a great resource. Whitewalls seem to be in short supply these days. I love the look of them. You'd think more people would... :helpless:

#8 ·

Well I know of the Solus KR21s, and there's another brand of Kelley tires that has them (my local Pep Boys stocks them). Also Coker has a whitewall tire in our size, but it's a 2 inch whitewall (I personally love them but they're a tad expensive IMO)

#10 ·

I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=undefined
GOODYEAR VIVA 2
Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire.
The VIVA 2's are tires made for Wal-Mart, by Goodyear Tire and Rubber. They have been discontinued, and you can only buy surplus stock. You can now find them other places, besides Wal-Mart, but they must be warrantied to the place you buy them from. If you get them and have an unrepairable flat, then they cannot replace the tire, so you will end up with mixed tires.

#11 ·

Since everyone is talking whitewalls maybe you can help me. I have a 96 Sedan Deville with Vogue tires. I get large amounts of brake dust especially on the front. I do Whitewalls twice a week which is tough in winter. Anyone know and answer. Also has anyone had experience with shields inside the wheel. Someone told me there is a spray that goes on the whitewall and resists brake dust . I can't find it. I love the whitewall look and won't change. I am jealous of my wife when we wash cars together , she has a 98 Eldorado which oof course has blackwalls. Anyone have experience with ceramic brakes, I hear they give off less dust. All help will be appreciated.

#14 ·
If any of you are looking for a stylish winter tire with ample grip, then I recommend the Kelly Wintermark.

The tires have a very aggressive tread pattern, which gives good grip, and they are pinned for studs. They have a 1 inch white wall to keep you riding in style.

I have intentionally tried to throw my Cadillac into a tail spin; going about 25-30 in a snow packed, ice covered parking lot, and these tires gripped immediately.

#17 ·
I haven't found a source for the 235 70 15's in WW, they are dindling fast. I don't like that big of a sidewall with w/o WW's.... Looks bad. The 93-96 cars were all 235 70's unless limo, they were then 235 75's, which I think are still easy to find in WW.

Tirerack has none in 235 70 15 in WW now.

#20 ·
235/70R15's can safely be replaced with 245/70, 225/75, 255/65, 255/60, and 295/50R15's. You can even go up to 16" rims, without chassis/drivetrain modification, as long as you get tires that, when mounted, have the same outside diameter and the stock setup.

#18 ·
Kelly tires makes a 235/70.

That tire MT-ED posted comes in 235/70 WW too.

Two for us, yay! I agree that much sidewall does look ridiculous without whitewalls. I saw a gold FWB, just like mine yesterday, but it didn't have whitewalls. It looked like it was barefoot and in serious need of shoes to match the rest of the tuxedo.

#19 ·
Yup, that is about it. Looks lousy, and cheap tires look worse....

#21 ·
The Crown Vic's and other Panther platforms use the 225 60 16's like we do (on my Park Ave Ultra), just the Ford bolt pattern, so it would need rotor redrill/drum-axle redrill and that is still ?? if the hub is the same size, remember, the lugs hold the wheel on, the hub is the load support.

#22 ·
Word to the wise guys, no matetr how cheap they are, do NOT BUY ENDUROS! They ride way too stiff. Feels more like I have rocks for tires than anything else. Terrible waste of money and Im actually in the process of looking for new ones myself. Any other info, please let me know. Im looking for 215/75r15s, and hopefully, with at least a 3/4 inch WW. The 1/2 in seems a lil too small.

#28 ·
Those vintage style tires are not meant to be driven on. They are made for car shows, and to make vintage cars look year appropriate. The problem with them is that they wear out extremely fast, have poor grip in weather, and aren't as safe at higher vehicle speeds. If your going to go for an expensive, vintage styled tire, you should go all out.

Coker Tire