Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Thinking about a CTS

957 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  JGarten 
#1 ·
I drive 1000+ miles a week for work in a neon srt4. It's a fun car and all, plus it's good on gas and really fast but the new STS has me spoiled and my wife won't give it up! (Can't blame her.)

I'm thinking a CTS would be nice to travel in. My wife suggested a 6cyl STS but I really need something smaller that gets better mileage.

Any thoughts?

#3 ·
The fuel mileage ratings between the CTS and V6 STS are nearly identical. Also, check out Cadillac's site, the front seat dimensions between the CTS and STS are within .1" in just about every measurement. ;) This is all between the 08 up CTS and the STS, not the first gen CTS.

#5 ·
I'm getting about the same mileage out of my DIV6 STS as I was getting in my 3.6L CTS (2004). Not really sure it's a fair comparison of my CTS to my STS but I certainly like the STS better. ;)

#6 ·
There is a difference in the ride and feel of the CTS. Whereas the ride of the STS is smoother and the STS has variable steering. The CTS has a firmer ride and stiffer steering. I personally prefer the STS over the CTS. You should go and test drive one before you make the decision. Either way, you can't go wrong, but you already know that.

#7 ·
I have an 07 N* STS and the wife has an 08 non-DI CTS. The CTS drives more like a sports car. The seats are firm and the ride a bit harsh compared to the STS. In addition, I think the STS feels like you are driving a larger car as opposed to a copact even though its not much larger. I prefer the STS, however the wife really likes the CTS.

#8 ·
I traded a 2005 STS V8 for a 2009 CTS-V. I think the CTS rides better, but both are great cars. As mentioned above, I don't think the mileage will be much better on a V6 CTS versus STS. Both are great cars. Since you're replacing something else, drive them both and then decide.

#10 ·
Piling on 52K+ miles/year will *kill* any residual resale value, so, considering the current parity of used CTS and STS prices, I would go STS V6. At 52K miles/year you're only looking at about $300 more in feul costs (assuming 1 mpg avg diff) for a lot more car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.