Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  JD03Cobra 
#1 ·
So...

I spent the weekend installing the following items:

Katech Headers
Generic Intake Tubing (the mod everyone else does)
160 Stat
TB Bypass
New Plugs
New Coolant

and
Updated the Diablo tune

This is added to short throw, x-pipe, tune, and Lingenfelter style intake I had done previously...

All I can say is "Wow... not everyday you see a sedan sliding sideways in 3rd gear."

Can't wait for my next bonus... a cam is definitely on the menu.

#2 ·
Katech headers,,,,,,must've been a big bonus :cool:

#3 ·
I can't get a chirp in 3rd....only 2nd. Damn 5300 feet elevation!

#4 ·
I almost bought those Katech headers (no cats) a while ago...wish I did. Not sure if they make them anymore. What exhaust did you bolt the headers up to? Was any modifications necessary for it to fit properly??

Hopefully you will post a video so we can hear this thing

#5 ·
I got these off of ebay for $459 shipped... which even if they SUCK compared to B&B I'm still the winner on.

They bolted up to 100% factory piping except the weld in x-pipe I'd had sitting around for a few months.

Currently the mufflers are the stock mufflers and as much as I love how quiet it is when I'm not pounding on her, it sounds like total crap coming down from the upper rpm range.

The idle sounds amazing though through the x-pipe after removal of the cats and pumped through the 4 into 1 config.

As far as the install was concerned the only difference between the install of the B&B and the Katech was clearance on the driver side. I had to release the steering linkage which was a bit of a pain. Other than that though... the FAQ helped me knock out the install of all the items in about 6 hours with hand tools alone. I took the advice of the FAQ on ARP header studs, and Percy gaskets as well.

The headers came completely raw, so I had to hit up my local hardware store for a couple of pieces, and I used the gaskets from a big block Chevy exhaust at the coupler connection.

Now... did they make a horsepower difference? I couldn't tell you, what I can say though is in order to trim out my fuel properly I had to add about 5 points to my injector slope with the Diablo.

She was pretty quick before... a couple of weeks ago she held pretty well against a new M5... I'd like to get another opportunity at that machine again now though. She's a completely different animal.

#7 ·
Yeah they only offered off road only...Long tubes were around $950 new. Katech was offering a 20% discount a while ago which is why I think they stopped making them. Not sure though. I just e-mailed them.

#8 ·
Katech has been making the V headers for a while. Or did. They used to be $1500 then they dropped the price to clear stock is what I think. They may still make them. Dont know.

#9 ·
I just confirmed...they are discontinued.

#10 ·
Sounds like a great weekend :thumbsup:

Headers are my next mod as well. Looking forward to a few vids as well...

#12 ·
I believe they only offered catless...That was the case when I called them 6 months back.

#14 ·
ctsv154 mentioned they use to be $1500. They were advertising around $950 last fall to get rid of their inventory. Not sure if anyone other than Katech Motorsports sold them but $459 is a heck of a deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.