Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  6DN69 
#1 ·
Ok guys,
The BMR Group Buy went so well that im trying to organize a corsa exhaust one. Im in contact with corsa and i should get a call back shortly. I need two things from everyone.

1. Please say if your interested here (The price should be a bit under 1000, im not sure and this is just my ballpark guess)
2. Please say if you are already on the corsa waiting list or whatever and say if you are willing to jump off that list wait a tiny bit more and get a better deal.

Thanks

#3 ·
I just got off the phone with Justin from Thunder ordering the wheelhop kit and trailing arms and he said that he was going to put a call into corsa and see what he could find out so that maybe they could do a group buy. He was also trying to get some word from Borla. I don't care for thier products so much, and B&B Triflo said that they would have something in late August, early September.
I was at the Dealership today and the they had a 2005 CTS-V cataloug and in the accessories section it showed the option for a Corsa exhaust through them. There is know doubt in my mind that that ther will be a big mark up on that. The cross drilled rotors looked pretty cool also. :coolgleam

#4 ·
I went for all three of the BMR items and I've called Corsa, too. So put me on the list and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

FYI, I was at an authorized Corsa dealer today and they more or less said that Corsa is famous for jerking people around.

#14 ·
Wife says no, we don't need louder exhaust. :banghead:

Give me some good reasons I can sell her on it! Already tried "Honey, we'll get the best price ever with the group discount." She's a CPA and I'm thinking I'm already over budget on car stuff this year. :lildevil: I need help! :)

#20 ·
Can I ask the big Question? For delivery (as in available) WHEN?
before X-mas?

yes I know it's not something you have any control over but I'm almost 6 months into V ownership this is the one thing I've wanted to do from day 1 (or some type of exhaust mod), provided the 'sound' is right (heck price too)

-Ben

#21 ·
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Should increase your gas mileage
Hmm, that may work. I just need to build a business case with that spin.

Let's see, conservatively let's say 0.5 MPG improvement. Over the first 2,000 miles of the V, I've averaged 19.45 MPG lifetime so let's assume the post-Corsa MPG is 20.0. The $1000 (hopefully way too high for a group buy) Corsa would take 354,000 miles to pay for itself at $2/gallon.

Assuming a more reasonable 50,000 miles to see the return on investment would require an increase of 4.7 MPG. Not likely.

Pushing it to 100,000 miles, the increase in mileage would need to be 2.1 MPG to return the $1000 investment.

With a louder exhaust, I know I"ll be pressing the go pedal harder and more often so there goes the improved mileage theory, lol.

#24 ·
I have the More CAI. I think it's well worth the money. But the talk of over-oiling seems a bit premature on the K&N filter: The info from K&N is that it doesn't need to be cleaned for 50,000 miles! Obviously, hard use would shorten that, but you're still talking a lot of miles.

#25 ·
Just got an email from Jim Jr at Corsa. Tuning is finally done and they are about to start production. Still tight-lipped on release date and price. System will have an "H Pipe" not a "X Pipe"...something to do with space availabel and sound tuning. Will have two single 4" tips so there is no modification of rear valence. He says it sounds awesome and we will not be disappointed! If this GP becomes reality...I am in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.