Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Dallara 
#1 ·
I have the 08 CTS (with the boring 17" OEM wheels), and I'm in love with the 09 CTS-V wheels. If anyone decided to switch out their OEM wheels then I'd love the opportunity to make a competitive offer for them. At this point, finding these wheels has been difficult.

#4 ·
I'm the guy ahead of you......sorry.

Last I heard he found scratches on his wheels from when the dealer switched tires. The dealer was going to fix them....last I heard. I assume that is happening and we will hear from him when they are done.

#8 ·
I was going to use them to mount "cold weather" tires for my V, not necessarily snow tires. I don't run the car in snow, but even in the cold the PS2s are like hockey pucks on ice. If you drive in the winter at all, you need different tires than stock.

Oh, and had you seen my signature on my post, you would have seen I have an 09 V ;)

#9 ·
So you own an 09 V and you're buying another set of 09 wheels before little ol' me can have just one beautiful set of angular raised 5-V spoke wheels?! The wheel-lovin' fool in me thinks that's selfish, but you were here first so what can I say... Hope it's not too long before another set comes my way - I'm going through several sources so I'm optimistic.

#10 ·
I'll chime in with a little info,
Service department said my wheels are ready. BUT he said they didn't get a full re-finish :mad:. Some nonesense about pre-existing scratches and the labor involved in the complete re-work. This is the complete opposite of the agreement/impression he gave me when I dropped them off.
I'm planning a trip by tomorrow, I'm not optimistic. :thehand:

Jeff-

#11 ·
GM polished aluminum wheels are clearcoated, just like your paint. The scratches should come out with a wet sand and buff, and possibly a new application of clear. Unless they gouged the wheels that is, in which case they need professional refinishing.

#16 ·
so I'm just finding out that AWD cars aren't exactly suitable with staggered wheels, which the CTS-V wheels are - so I might just be out of the running. What are the odds a dealer will sell me (4) front CTS-V wheels? Not good? yeah i didn't think so...

#17 ·
That's pretty funny. My AWD loves him some stagger...

It's often argued on the Audi forums too. As long as the diameters (not widths) are relatively close, it has not done any of the horrible things the naysayers say it will.
YES, it will handle slightly different. The extra rear grip will make the rear lazy. That's why we practice car control.
NO, it will not destroy the Haldex (AWD control box in some Audis), there are literally hundreds of AWD cars out there running staggered offsets (Scoobys, Mitsus, Audis, etc.)

#25 ·
^^^^^^
Hmmmmm.........rushes off to bid......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.