Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SoundAdvantage 
#1 ·
This question is similar to Dannyga's question about his '94 DeVille radio. (See the photo in my response.)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1398

My next vehicle is going to be a 2000 or later DeVille. I have a great set-up in my Prelude that includes a Pioneer cassette head unit, a 12-disc changer, and an XM tuner. The move to a bigger car opens up the possibility for amps and subwoofers.

I would like to install this system in a DeVille, but of course, the stock head unit is odd-shaped, and I'll need a replacement panel for the dash that converts the opening to a Din-sized slot.

Crutchfield says they don't make one yet, or the wiring harness adapter.

Does anybody? I could probably get a Helms manual and figure out the wiring and tap into the factory harness if I had to. The main thing I'm interested in is a dash-adapter panel that replaces the factory head unit. I've seen it done, but it looks like it was custom-made.

Any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
I my opinion if you by that nice of a Deville you might not want to bust the dash up and put the Pioneer unit in it, that won't properly fill the space when the Deville comes with a very nice Bose System.

I would suggest maybe leaving the Bose unit in the dash and possibly upgrading the speakers or sub-woofer in the vehicle and maybe swapping out the amp if you need more than the 425 watts that come in it (at least there 425 in the Seville< I assume its the same in the Deville).

Well just my 2 cents anyway...

#3 ·
I wasn't aware that ALL DeVilles came with the Bose system. If I get a DHS, I probably wouldn't mess with the stock system. I was just under the impression that the standard DeVille system left a little to be desired.

Thx for the reply.

#4 ·
Well if its a 2000 model or newer I don't know of any other unit that Cadillac installs.

The interiors visually are pretty much the same on either trim package you purchase other than wood on the steering wheel and or wood on the shifter knob as in the case of the SLS vs. the upgraded STS. Im sure its the same with the DHS vs. DTS.

#5 ·
Elvis,
My caddy has the stock AC Delco stereo in it and i run 7 amps in it, i just used an LOC "Line Out Converter" so i could hook up my RCA jacks to the electronic crossovers. But if you decide to go with an aftermarket head unit then i would suggest taking your car to a reputable car audio dealer that has "certified installation techs" on hand to do a custom install. :spin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.