Cadillac Owners Forum banner
20K views 153 replies 47 participants last post by  JEM 
#1 ·
May 9, 2008

2009 CTS- V Blisters Nurburgring

By Ed

In testing today at Germany’s Nurburgring, Cadillac’s upcoming new 2009 CTS- V completed a lap of the legendary Nordschleife in 7:59.32. This blistering time appears to be the fastest ever publicly documented for a production sedan.

Cadillac is nearing the completion of testing for the highly anticipated CTS- V , the limited-edition high-performance model based on the award-winning CTS sport sedan. John Heinricy, executive with GM Performance Division and an acclaimed racing driver, piloted the CTS- V through its sub-8 minute lap. The car itself had no performance modifications outside of those planned for consumer production, which is scheduled to begin this fall.

Estimated at 550 horsepower, the CTS- V is at the moment going through the final stages of intensive testing and development. One of the realistic objectives of the Cadillac team is to make the CTS- V the world’s fastest production sedan, as a part of the overall goal to make the V -Series Cadillac’s ultimate expression of performance and technology. More updates will be released in the coming weeks as testing is finalized, including the car’s certified SAE power ratings, acceleration specifications and U.S.-market pricing.

Video documentation of the car’s breakthrough Nordschleife performance will be posted here in the coming days. Stay tuned.

http://cadillac.gmblogs.com/

See less See more
#9 ·
The GT-R isnt a sedan...

and yes it is a production sedan, production does not neccessarily entail that it is in mass production. it is being developed in final aesthetic form, as a commercial market vehicle and not as a purpose built racecar or competition vehicle.

ergo PRODUCTION sedan

#11 · (Edited)
The GT-R isnt a sedan...

and yes it is a production sedan, production does not neccessarily entail that it is in mass production. it is being developed in final aesthetic form, as a commercial market vehicle and not as a purpose built racecar or competition vehicle.

ergo PRODUCTION sedan
does not neccesarily? You are kidding?

It either does or it doesn't. No inbetween. So which is it? (just be aware that this is a setup question).

as for comparo,

weight are about the same
power about the same (no SAE number for CTS-V so we will see).
priced about the same

One has two doors less. And because of that it is classified as a sport car instead of something else.

you guys are funny!

#14 ·
SHUT UP ABOUT THE GT-R.

It's a coupe.

It's not a luxury vehicle.

It has no real back seat.

It has a punishing ride.

It is not, nor will it ever be a car that people in their right mind compare to a 4 door, luxury equipped CTS-V. The article specifically said "4-Door sedan", which the GT-R is not. This forum was nearly ruined by all the stupid GT-R posts- don't take us there again. If you want to talk about the GT-R, then GTFO and go find a GT-R forum.

#16 ·
SHUT UP ABOUT THE GT-R.

It's a coupe.

It's not a luxury vehicle.

It has no real back seat.

It has a punishing ride.

It is not, nor will it ever be a car that people in their right mind compare to a 4 door, luxury equipped CTS-V. This forum was nearly ruined by all the stupid GT-R posts- don't take us there again. If you want to talk about the GT-R, then GTFO and go find a GT-R forum.

listen

I could care less bout the "GT-r " as I consider that car does not have enough power. But I am a stickler for semantics.

#28 ·
8:06 - '02 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG
8:22 - BMW E46 M3
8:26 - '01 Mercedes Benz SLK 32 AMG
8:50 - '00 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG (with a note that it was on a shortened Nordschleife)

Can not find a 'Ring time, but from what I have read, the newer E63 is slower than the E55.

Just look up the wiki. I am trying to figure out where you guys are geting your numbers. Wiki only shows confirmed. So that is why I am curious what publication you are pulling those numbers from.

#29 ·
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly sh*t!

And who told me the V is not for the track???

woot woot!

#32 ·
2009 CTS-V Breaks the 8-minute mark on the 'ring

With a time of 7:59:32, the new CTS-V might be the fastest ever documented sedan to lap the famous track, according to this article from Motor Trend.

After doing a little bit of research, it seems that it has blitzed the times attained by its targeted Bavarian rivals... According to the German car magazine Sport Auto, the fastest an E60 M5 has lapped the 'ring was in 8:13, an E63 M6 posted an 8:09, and E92 M3 did it in 8:05.

It's a very good day for Cadillac... big kudos to GM :thumbsup:

#37 ·
The V2's time is less than 4 seconds slower than the Z06, considering it is a big spacious 4 door sedan with an awesome luxury interior, thats good enough for me, if I wanted a a sports car like the GT-R I would wait for the Corvette ZR-1, which may not be quicker than the GT-R at that German race track but will certainly spank one on good ole Interstate 95. Plus let's see if that GT-R's times are real, even Car and Driver on their test of the GT-R last month stated that it was an "engineering test mule" not even a pre production car.

#71 ·
If you thought the GT-R’s previous recorded lap time of 7m 38s at the Nurburgring was shockingly fast get ready to be stunned again as Nissan has confirmed today that its latest supercar has achieved a blistering lap time of just 7m 29 seconds - making it one of the fastest ever production road cars to attack the ‘Ring. The lap times were recorded on April 16 and 17 and were for a stock-standard base specification GT-R fitted with the same Japanese market tires as the cars in showrooms.

Driven by GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki, this latest lap time beats the previous fastest time for the GT-R by nine seconds (and the Porsche 911 GT2 by three whole seconds). Incidentally, the previous time was also set by Suzuki and was already one of the fastest laps achieved by a production car. Poor conditions on the previous attempt - slightly damp on two corners – was cited as reasons for the slower time.

“At last year’s testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the Nürburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds,” said Kazutoshi Mizuno, Nissan’s chief vehicle engineer for the GT-R. “Below seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world. We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere – I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise.”

If the standard GT-R is this quick we can only imagine how fast the lighter and more powerful Spec-V model due next year will be. Prototypes spotted testing last month are said to be achieving lap times of 7m 25s and given the performance of the stock model we suspect the new car could be even faster.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...an-gt-r-laps-nurburgring-in-7m-29s/#more-5671

I'm not here to start another GT-R battle or anything but when you talk out your ass like this your only making yourself look like a fool. So the actual production car is faster then the test mules

#39 ·
This one time in band camp.....errrr......GTR camp, a GTR went so fast that the world quit building 4 door cars, as only a GTR-hating fool would buy one.

Why buy a GTR when you could buy dozens of motorcycles that are faster and cheaper? I guess GTR buyers are fools too........

Mike (now embarrassed to say I've owned Nissans)

#42 ·
So far the 09v is exceeding most expectations and it's not even released yet. Looks, power and technology. Only thing missing is the price. Can we vote Fig off our island?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.