526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#3,643 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

make sure you arent leaking tranny fluid

#3,646 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

its official, i hate cops.
it snowed last night (Canada Eh) and i was driving today on the slush, salt and sand covered roads that happened to kick dirt up on my plate... $110 ticket!
im fighting it, going to the justice of the peace tomorrow and try to fast track it.

Reactions: odthetruth
#3,647 ·
There's still some good ones left...some...Just the other day I was driving my roomates srt8 and got on it and ripped em loose (it'll rip loose doing 30 on dry pavement), turns out there was a cop behind me...pulled me over and did the norm and just gave me a warning for his expired registration..very cool dude. I thought I was gonna be paying for a wreckless driving ticket...In your case, I'd be fighting that bi***

#3,649 ·
how much of the courts time and tax money do you think is tied up with people fighting BS tickets like what i got. ide bet more than the price of the tickets. they need to re focus the police onto real issues, not dirty plates or a burnt out signal.

i registered the ticket with the court to fight it. im going to have to take a day off work which sucks...and is going to be a big PITA

ya there are a COUPLE good cops left, but not many....i know a few, and there are days where they are assigned to just do speed traps. go figure why they have a horrible response time, they wont pull the guy off doing tickets to go deal with the domestic, theft of anything like that.

#3,648 ·
Quick question, I replaced my thermostat earlier this year and I have the engine code popping up for it again. I've read about it possibly being the fan relay, is there a certain fan relay or multiple (looking online I'm seeing AC relays and other such things) Also I have a 02 sensor code that appeared after I had disconnected the sensors (just unplugged them did not remove from exhaust) think I need a new sensor or just some contact cleaner on the connector?

#3,652 ·
i think it was summer 2012 there was a internal Toronto PD document/memo leaked out about the minimum monthly ticket requirements and how some were not meeting them.
it made it to the paper....and the TPD denied it of course...

#3,653 ·

#3,654 ·
^I don't mean to offend you sir, but in all honesty the first impression I form of a person I spot on the road on a sports bike is not that he's real man, but it's that he's a man that doesn't have anything significant going in his life to lose. Now that might be true or not but that's the impression I form of such a person unless I know him a bit better, I think to myself that's a man that can't get attention to any other attribute of himself other than that so he's bike riding. I guess the idea I'm trying to get across is, men addicted to bike riding tend to attract women whom wouldn't be so appalled at their loss to begin with because they didn't really get attracted to them, just to the idea of being with a man like that in general but that's it.

Is that idea too far out or am I not the only one who thinks like that?

Would be interested in what you seriously think about that idea or how you would counter or disprove my opinion / theory.

#3,655 · (Edited)
why a sport bike and not a harley? how is it different?

#3,659 ·
From someone who has been riding for about 5 years now and has owned both cruiser and sport I can say that there are 2 sides to the motorcycle world and the bad side gets all the attention. I am one that always wears gear no matter how hot it is outside and when I have a loud exhaust I make sure to be a quiet as I can after 10pm and before 8am (after that I don't care and I apply the same rules to my sound system). The majority of responsible sport bike riders you are not going to see due to them more than likely being out on back roads enjoying what sport bikes are made for, sweeping turns at reasonable speed. The sport bike riders you see wearing nothing but a t shirt, shorts, sunglasses and tennis shoes are referred to as "Squids" and are normally looked upon as stupid and ignorant riders. Cruisers can be known as pirates if they have just all the leather but no helmet.

I know quite a few "geezers" that ride sport bikes (touring and supersport) and will continue until they are unable to do so. I see people that are riding around with no gear as someone with a mid life crisis kinda thing going on but the ones who have at least helmet, jacket, gloves and jeans actually enjoy their hobby and treat it with respect. I'm not going to say I haven't taken the Ninja (god I miss her) to some crazy speeds on the highway but to my credit no one was around me and it was only for a short period of time. not saying that it makes it anymore right but I was smart (to some degree) about it. I prefer to own a sportbike over a cruiser as a personal choice for now, once I'm older that may change but I will never buy a Harley due to they are old technology with a new age price tag. If I want to have that V twin-esc sound I'll get a Ducati :D

My bike is a toy and a hobby for me and I can't wait to get a new one once the time is right.

#3,668 ·
Merry Christmas everyone

Reactions: Argent1
#3,675 ·
The dic showed 11.6 volts and she wouldn't fire up, had to get a boost.
Just goes to show how picky theae cars are. I havent driven I in about a week and its been -20 or so out.. tank was really low I was afraid I froze the fuel system

#3,677 ·
i think my bat is 2 yrs old..i think it wouldnt start just because she sat for a week in the cold weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.