Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 3 of 260 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 3892

Thread: 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread

  1. #31
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,299

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    I said "red meaty ass". Don't I get any props?
    you might get some propositions...


  2. #32
    Silver Dollar's Avatar
    Silver Dollar is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Taxus
    Posts
    4,042

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    That vette + those rims =

  3. #33
    Silver Dollar's Avatar
    Silver Dollar is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Taxus
    Posts
    4,042

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    you might get some propositions...
    What are you proposing?

  4. #34
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,299

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    stop posting pics of your ancestors

  5. #35
    pietroraimondi's Avatar
    pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    738

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    There are two questions to really consider in making your decision:

    1. Do you absolutely need 4 seats or can you get by with the two seats in the C5

    2. If you are considering some serious performance modifications that are truly for performance driving rather than "show"; are you prepared to deal with the "self-grenading" rear end of the current CTSV with no "off the shelf" heavy duty rear carrier available....or would you feel more confident with a readily available "off the shelf" C5 heavy duty and bullet proof rear for the Corvette that can easily deliver 550 to 600 rwhp and torque to the street and is also driveable?

    You can build an 800 plus horsepower power mill in either the C5 or CTSV, but you will always be limited to the CTSV's suspect rear end that is only rated for 352 foot pounds or rear wheel torque and there is NO aftemarket heavy duty rear available from anyone for the CTSV that I am aware of.

    That is the reason why I ultimately sold my 2005 CTSV in May of 2007 with less than 5000 miles on it.

    I'm comfortable with the luxury and performance of my 2004 CTS 3.6 as my daily driver with the appearance and performance modifications that I have made.

    But for all out shear performance, reliability, access to readily available performance parts and tuning; I would take a page out of Bob Bondurant's book and purchase the C5.

  6. #36
    Silver Dollar's Avatar
    Silver Dollar is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Taxus
    Posts
    4,042

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    stop posting pics of your ancestors
    OK, how about some of yours......



    OK, let's get back on topic, HAHAhaha!

  7. #37
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,299

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    OK, let's get back on topic
    is that possible?

  8. #38
    RunningOnEMT's Avatar
    RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lansdowne, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8,439

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by pietroraimondi View Post
    There are two questions to really consider in making your decision:

    1. Do you absolutely need 4 seats or can you get by with the two seats in the C5

    2. If you are considering some serious performance modifications that are truly for performance driving rather than "show"; are you prepared to deal with the "self-grenading" rear end of the current CTSV with no "off the shelf" heavy duty rear carrier available....or would you feel more confident with a readily available "off the shelf" C5 heavy duty and bullet proof rear for the Corvette that can easily deliver 550 to 600 rwhp and torque to the street and is also driveable?

    You can build an 800 plus horsepower power mill in either the C5 or CTSV, but you will always be limited to the CTSV's suspect rear end that is only rated for 352 foot pounds or rear wheel torque and there is NO aftemarket heavy duty rear available from anyone for the CTSV that I am aware of.

    That is the reason why I ultimately sold my 2005 CTSV in May of 2007 with less than 5000 miles on it.

    I'm comfortable with the luxury and performance of my 2004 CTS 3.6 as my daily driver with the appearance and performance modifications that I have made.

    But for all out shear performance, reliability, access to readily available performance parts and tuning; I would take a page out of Bob Bondurant's book and purchase the C5.
    lemme guess you have one to sell him ... lol

    the rear is a weak point in the car and is a serious point of contention between the two ...

    if i ndidnt need a back seat i'd buy a C5... no questions asked completely different breed of car, a true sports car not a sport sedan

    but when you take into account that people blow up rears i mean completely blow up rears rarely, and when they do its usually accompanied by a story, i dropped the clutch from 4 grand and NOTHING

    yeah they whine and use more oil than a french chef but hey ... i bought into it and its not that bad

  9. #39
    LUVMY04V's Avatar
    LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dekalb IL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,585

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    oh jees what did I start here

  10. #40
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San 'tone, TX
    Posts
    23,163

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    now that is a red meaty ass

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

  11. #41
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,299

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    ok, lets go back to talking about 22s and less talk about "rear ends"

  12. #42
    RunningOnEMT's Avatar
    RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lansdowne, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8,439

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy03caddy View Post
    oh jees what did I start here
    nothing more than a good debate




    good job spunky!

  13. #43
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,299

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    now that is a red meaty ass
    takes one to know one

  14. #44
    RunningOnEMT's Avatar
    RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lansdowne, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8,439

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    ok, lets go back to talking about 22s and less talk about "rear ends"

    weren't you the one talking about 22's in yoru rear?

  15. #45
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,299

    Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

    Quote Originally Posted by IgotmeaV View Post
    weren't you the one talking about 22's in yoru rear?


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum