Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Johnny R 
#1 ·
Has anyone done sub-frame connectors on the V, I haven't been able to find any the are made for our car. Asked Bob at EPP about doing them when my car is in for the new engine and he said after looking at some of the other V's that it could be a tough thing to do. It seems that without them ,if you have tires that will hook, like good drag radials there is a good possibility of twisting the frame with a lot of torque & hp.

#3 ·

No don't need those , have a completely built drive train from the transmission back.
It's a reinforcing connection in the actual frame sections. Connecting the front frame to the rear frame where the frames don't connect in the middle (unibody) to keep the body from twisting under extreme torque

#4 ·
I am having a set custom made in a month or 2, once I take the car off the road for the season. I will let you know how they come out then. I am sure there are no kits available. You need to consult with a chassis shop, I am sure they can help you out.

#5 ·
Just found this thread I know it was a while back but I still think it's an important un-addressed issue.

Someone needs to make a set of Subframe connectors for this car I can feel it twist everyday when I pull out of the garage and go off an (off camber) curb to the street.

Anyone ideas???

It's not rocket science this would be super easy (design wise) to do just need someone to make it happen and unfortunately I can't weld ish...

#6 ·
EPP did sub-frame connectors on mine, But it seems there kinda special the way they tie into the stuff for the 8.8" cobra dif and won't work the same way on other V's. At least thats what Bob at Epp was telling some others when asked about fabing a set and sending them out .
Haven't seen what Madman has done to make them work when he changed all the 8.8"Cobra over to the Ford 9" center section. See it next week I guess

#7 ·
Hello,
This is something we are more than capable of doing if there is indeed interest in such a product. We can make something that will greatly increase chassis rigidity and torsional stiffness. It can be completely bolt on and not require any welding or cutting..... We have a few CTS-V's here that we can prototype and test fit on, so we could start on Monday if there is interest.

Of course we would track test the components (i.e. Comparo A w/o bracing and Comparo B w/bracing).

Please let us know.

Thank you,

#11 ·
I'll be happy if someone comes up with an affordable diff casing. Not really worried about the wheel hop any more.

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.