Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No Rebates when 2008 CTS is on its way?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Terran 
#1 ·
First, some background:
I saw a commercial offering "up to $9,500" off of new Cadillacs. It was a commercial from the local dealer (not an official Cadillac commercial), so I'm not sure if this is a national promotion.

Is there a similar promotion going on at your local dealerships? If so, is there any rebate available for new CTS's? I went to the dealership yesterday to ask about it. The salesman said DTS's and STS's got $9,500 off, but CTS's got NO rebate at all!

I'm confused as to why the 07 CTS's would get no rebate, with the 2008's on the way, this fall. When I was with the salesman, I was assuming I would hear a number somewhat near $9,500 for the CTS, since those may need cleared out to fill the lot with 2008's.

Any idea why the CTS would get no rebate? Any idea what my chances are in TRYING to get a decent rebate on one? (e.g. - "I fully expected to see a high rebate on the CTS, since this model will be outdated in a few months, etc.")

I'm still more-than-content with my used 2004 CTS and have no need to 'upgrade,' but figured it might make sense to move up to a brand new CTS if the rebate was going to be that good.

Thoughts?

TIA for your feedback!

See less See more
#2 ·
It might be turning out to be the bread winner for Cadillac. I catually got a notice in the mail the other day from two Cadillac dealerships. One when I lived in Virginia Beach and the other one from Northern Virginia. Both sent a notice saying that my Cadillac CTS is in High Demand right now and will match an offer for a trade in or resale.

Have any of you guys received this message?

Also on my way back home fellows. Any souvenir requests. I have four more ports to hit.

#3 ·
I've gotten those notices from every car dealer I've ever bought a car from. Those notices are just a way for them to get you into the dealership to buy a new car. I got one a few months ago from Autoway Chevrolet saying that they needed to "increase their stock of 2001 Nissan Maximas." I had bought that car about 3 years ago from them & only had it for about a year. I mean seriously, why would the Chevy dealer what to increase it's stock of a 7 year old car!?!?

As for the CTS rebates, none of the dealerships around here have been offering any on any model. The only thing I've seen is the 0% financing.

#5 ·
No, sold it of to buy my SS a couple years ago. Nice car though.

Ya know, now that I think about it, the Caddy dealership that I get my service done at (different from where I bought the car) sent me a letter a month or so ago saying they needed to increase their stock of used CTSs, & would give me employee pricing & 0% on an 07 CTS. I've only owned my 04 for about 5 months now. I passed.

#6 ·
I got about 3 or 4 of those from my dealership. It's just a gimmick to get you back in the dealership. I got the same thing, I told them, despite my credit, to give me 0% and employee pricing (which I get anyway) and I would do it. They said they couldn't guarantee. I said, "Well if this letter here is true then I think you can do it." They were speechless. I know they can't though, the bank is over that. I haven't got a letter since though!

#8 ·
That's certainly understandable, but consider this:

1) 2007's will still need to be sold. If they wait until the 2008's come out, steep rebates on a high volume of 07's could lead people to buy 07's, even though they're alongside the brand new 08's.

2) Discounting now gets the volume of 07's down early, and won't create a "rebate buzz" too close to the release of the 08's (which I'm guessing is still 4-ish months away). Fewer 07's to sell this fall (alongside 08's) means less urgency to clear them out, which means less-steep rebates...making a jump to a 2008 more enticing.

At least that's how I see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.