Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#680 ·
^ I was kidding dude. My Fleetwood is the same way. There are plenty of cosmetic things I would love to get fixed but first I have to work on mechanical issues. I need new drums, shoes, rotors and pads as well as new front calipers, wheel bearings and full tune up. I also have to fix the A/C, the massive oil leak and the huge softball sized hole in my front shock tower.

#681 ·
ya, those problems I told you are what I need to safety the thing, there are many lesser problems I would like to fix to, it well not be 100% till the summer, I should have it on the road when I get my income tax back.
then it needs allot of lesser things, then I well finally give it the little bit of body work it needs. but for now I want to be driving it, I have been waiting way to long. I can't wait. :D

#685 ·
All of that snow, salt, and cigarettes kind of breaks my heart.:nono:

BTW, the cloth seats with the D'Elegance package is very rare. I've always liked that color combo, I think Cadillac called that color Light Antelope Metallic. The traffic court judge in Franklin TN drives that same color Brougham D'Elegance, only he has the leather interior. Its immaculate as well, don't ask how I know this.:crying2:

#687 ·
All of that snow, salt, and cigarettes kind of breaks my heart.:nono:
Sorry, But i do use this as my winter car.

BTW, the cloth seats with the D'Elegance package is very rare. I've always liked that color combo, I think Cadillac called that color Light Antelope Metallic. The traffic court judge in Franklin TN drives that same color Brougham D'Elegance, only he has the leather interior. Its immaculate as well, don't ask how I know this.:crying2:
So how do you know this? lol j/k

#689 ·
this is my 84 sedan deville (in Iceland europe). it was pretty rusty and in bad shape when i bought it from us navy base in iceland. i have spent lot of time in that car. i did the paint job my self

i just bought this 95 fleetwood brougham. it need a little work,one big dent in the rear fender and im planing on repainting the vinyl top, it looks like old grannie car with that white vinyl :)

#705 ·
this is my 84 sedan deville (in Iceland europe). it was pretty rusty and in bad shape when i bought it from us navy base in iceland. i have spent lot of time in that car. i did the paint job my self

I have to say (and dont hate me for this, others, but) I didnt really like the 80's styling on the DeVille untill I saw one with-out the padded top. I really like this one.... :2thumbs:

#691 ·
Nice DeVille. I am still not used to seeing them without the top and without the formal rear window.

#695 ·
Good question - I am wondering if that sort of alignment is within GM/Cadillac specification or not. It's definitely noticeable from that angle, almost unnoticeable from every other angle. The lower clips for that side's fender skirt are also broken off, and that side's fender skirt also hugs the wheel a lot closer than the driver's side (I had to shave it a little with my new wider tires). So I would not be surprised if the last owner had a little brush with something at some point on that side - the mirror has a big scrape on it too.

#701 ·
Wow, it looks 10x better now that it is out of the garage (or should I say cave).

#702 ·
Here is a picture of my 1980 DeVille, which has been in the family since '92:

After 211k, the original 368ci threw a rod while climbing a hill with my classic open runabout in tow. She now sports a 425 Eldorado engine, rebuilt TH400 transmission, and a few months ago got a new paint job in the OE color.

#707 ·
Sweet ride. I used to have a 65 sedan and absolutely loved it. I just conldn't afford to do anything with it at that point in my life so i sold it to someone who could restore her like she deserved. I love that 66. She is a bute.

On the pictures you posted, what exactly is that picture with the amber light of? I can't seem to get my bearings as to where you are on the car. It looks like the turn signal indicator on the fender, but that "panel" sort of thing just ahead of has me confused.