Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What hp tuner to get?

7K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Ludacrisvp 
#1 ·
I looking to get an HP Tuner any ideas what to get or is there just one on the market that work on the STSV.

#2 ·
If you plan to use a wideband O2 (Which I strongly recommend) then get the pro version. It makes it easier to log data. You can log the wideband O2 right through your interface. Either version will work though.

#3 ·
Where do I get a wide band O2 senser. I'm a little behind the curve with the computer tuned cars. I was looking at Summit for the HP Tuner I'm assuming the pro tuner you refer to is summit part number HP Tuner 6021 for $650... Does it matter which O2 senser I get as long as its ide band...

#4 ·
Yes that's the one. I suggest the NGK AFX 91101 wideband. That is what I have a very easy to use.

#6 ·
Pga and Timmy you think hp tuners are better than jesse's I have asked this before and 550 told me to drive to warsaw. I can't go that far current mod is only specter stage 1 and 2 would like to get a few more horses outta her. Also like the stock exhaust seems fine was gonna do a gibson but need to keep it quiet. let me know your guys thoughts.

#7 ·
If you want to do your own tuning get the HPtuners. It is a lot of work but you'll be able change anything at any time. Plus the HPtuners comes with enough credits to tune 4 cars I think. Charge your buddies $150 each and you'll make most of your money back. PM me if you want to buy a tune from me.

Stock exhaust works up to at least 450rwhp (at least on my car, :D).

#9 ·
If you want to do your own tuning get the HPtuners. It is a lot of work but you'll be able change anything at any time. Plus the HPtuners comes with enough credits to tune 4 cars I think. Charge your buddies $150 each and you'll make most of your money back. PM me if you want to buy a tune from me.

Stock exhaust works up to at least 450rwhp (at least on my car, :D).
How do you PM here now? I need an HP Tuners Tune for my stock V.

#8 ·
I am not saying Jesse's tunes are bad but with only a Spectre Intake it is kind of a waste of money to get a dyno tune. If you are wanting to tinker then get HP Tuners. I am constantly scanning my car and tweaking my tune.

If you want to load one and go then get Jesse's handheld with email tunes or Tim.

#16 ·
I have a tune on mine that was done for me via HP. Does anyone know if I can save that tune on my SCT hand-held tuner? If not, how can can it be saved so I can just reload it back on the car? There are 3 tunes saved on the SCT that I'd like to play with but don't want to lose the one that I have.

#18 ·
On my hand-held it gives me the option to save 3 tunes. I want to save those 3 but the current tune on the car is different. Jesse did the 3 tunes that are on the SCT hand-held and the guy who does tuning for RPM transmission, named Phil, did the HP tune that is on it now. Jyst need to figure out how to save the one that is on the car.

#19 ·
I am afraid the tune on the car will have to be saved by someone with HP Tuner and WELL worth saving if it was done by Dr. Phil!! I have heard from other forums that he is a wizard with tunes.

#20 ·
Yes! He had to put the tune back on for me when I was playing with the hand-held and accidently replaced his tune. The tune he did makes the car run like a dream! The only one I want from the SCT is a race tune for when i finally take it to the track. I just don't want to have to keep taking my car to him to have him put it back on...

#24 ·
Drive

#27 ·
Don't forget the Adult Beverages!!

It is worth it to take it somewhere they have at least tuned a few.

AriGold if you are talkin to me, I am in AZ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.