Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Should I make the drive for what could be a really good deal?? KOOKS Headers

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  rlamas 
#1 ·
Title kind of says it all I found a set of New still in the box kooks headers all the hardware with the high flow cats for $800, turns out the guy sold his 05 CTS-V before installing the headers..

thing is I live in Dallas he lives in Houston were going to meet half way. I've only have had my V for about 5 months and there's some thing I need to get done to it like upgrading the clutch and replacing the motor mounts should I pass up on this deal and just fix what's needed or is it worth the purchase?

side note clutch and motor mounts any suggestions area greatly appreciated..

#2 ·
Just be careful with transactions that seem too good to be true. You are gona go somewhere unfamiliar carrying 500 bucks cash minimum. That's how people get robbed or hurt.

Make sure you pick the place, not him. Make sure it's a public place with lots of foot traffic and police presence. Best place would be a state trooper station or something like that.

Don't give him your real name or address either. If you can carry, do so.

#10 ·
NO don't buy them. Haha I'm only saying that cuz I live in Houston and have been watching his post for a while now(they were previously advertised for $1100) it's deff a good deal I just don't have the extra $800 laying around.

And HAMSTAR were in Texas where you assume everybody has a gun on them. Roadside Craigslist type robberies just don't happen unless you wanna get shot!!!

#15 ·
"This is no longer true. Stop saying this! As of this week, we are all caught up with backorders and parts are being made for stock. Shipping will be A LOT faster than the previous months."

I hope this is true. I placed my order on 5/1 and am patiently awaiting all the parts. Bought everything but the coupler and diff bushing.

#16 ·
Well apparently my Revshift MM and trans mount shipped out yesterday and HOPE to have them by Friday, if that's the case the I'll try to install them following weekend with the kooks headers..

just like most jobs there always seems to be a PITA parts on the install..if this is the case what is it? and what can I do to make it easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.