Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

201K views 385 replies 66 participants last post by  Nickster 
#1 · (Edited)
FINALLY! I just got a couple of emails from Peter and Vincent at Forgestar, providing ordering details on their Forgestar F14 production run for the first generation Cadillac CTS-V. Right now, they're tooling up and their initial production run will be 20 units. Here are the essentials:

1. The wheels are 19x9" +40mm front (semi-concave) and 19x10 +42mm back (deep concave). Forgestar guarantees that they will fit any stock CTS-V. Using the 1010tires offset tool, I calculate that the front wheels will have 4mm less inner clearance versus OEM and extend an extra 8mm on the outside. The back wheels will extend in both directions by an additional 19mm. That's 5mm more clearance than the Linea Corse LC855. If you're lowered, you may want to have KillerNoodle set you up with a set of upgraded trailing arms. I've been rocking them for a month, and they're freaking solid (pictures here).

2. Available finishes are gloss black, matte black, gloss gunmetal, matte gunmetal, silver, race gold, and white (don't ask me why). Other finishes like titanium are available if we get at least 10 orders for it. All wheels include Forgestar wheel caps. Vincent said that he's looking into drilling the opening to accommodate larger Cadillac wheelcaps, but he's not hopeful.

3. Since these are flow-formed cast aluminum wheels, they are lighter and stronger than our stock, 25 lb, 18x8.5" +42mm wheels. Although I wasn't provided with official weights, thanks to teh internets (specifically the Camero forums), the the 19x9" and 19x10" wheels should weigh 24.1 and 24.7 lbs, respectively.

4. Pre-order price for a full set is $1499 shipped if you order before 03/31/2012, afterwhich the regular $1680 shipped price applies. If you want to get in on the pre-order, email Peter@Forgestar.com. They're asking for a 25% deposit up front and will wait to bill the other 75% when the wheels ship in mid May. If you can't make up your mind, wait for the official announcement on their website sometime next month, but you'll definitely be outside the pre-order discount window.

I think that's about it. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them, but you're probably better off emailing Peter directly. I've got a set of gloss gunmetal wheels on order for my infrared CTS-V. If you order something, tell us what finish you picked and what color your CTS-V is!

Gloss Gunmetal

Gloss Black

Titanium

Silver

Matte Black

Race Gold

See less See more
#141 ·
From: forgestarwheels@gmail.com [mailto:forgestarwheels@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Forgestar Wheels
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 2:36 PM
To: ALL
Subject: Re: Finish options

To All Cadilac CTS-V Groupbuy Members,

Here are some pictures of your batch of wheels in the production process. We are almost finished with all the machining process for all the orders. We are on schedule to finish all production by the end of this week and then off to finishing. Thank you for your patience with this groupbuy. The team here at Forgestar is glad to be able to give you CTS-V owners a custom lightweight solution for your vehicles.

For all members who choose titanium please email us to confirm before the end of the week if you want brushed titanium or titanium color. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to give us a call or email.

For reference

Brushed Titanium
http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/porschemachined.jpg
http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/porschemachinedside.jpg

Titanium
http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/f14titaniumnew.jpg
http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/f14titaniumdetail.jpg

#145 ·
Just purchased tires. Did a price comparison between several vendors, including Tire Rack and Discount Tire. Jesse @ Discount Tire beat Tire Rack on the phone. Paid $724, including shipping, for two 245/40-19 and two 285/35-19 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires. Tire Rack (next lowest price) was $902 including shipping.

Now I need to find a good set of lugs. Recommendations? I'm thinking chrome or burnt black and red, but I haven't decided anything yet, really. Anyone have experience with aluminum lugs?

#147 ·
Jesse's phone number at Discount Tire is (800) 589-6789 x51820. I'm not sure if he'll give you the same price unless you jump through the price match hoops on their website. It's kind of a long shot, but he might remember the price match he did for me if you tell him that you're a friend of Ryan's and you're also running a Cadillac CTS-V with the new, custom Forgestar F14 wheels.

FWIW, the 40% profile Ventus V12 puts you at 26.7" OD, which is where you're supposed to be in the first place. ;)

Oh, and don't forget about the $80 off MIR that Hankook is doing.

#148 ·
So I'm catching up with the details on this thread and realize that I may have missed the boat slightly. I'm thinking of purchasing a set after the fact but I have some questions that some of you may have answers for.

-Are any of you guys lowered? Specifically using H&R springs and MM spacers?
-From what I've read these rims should have more clearance to the trailing arm, correct?
-What is everyone planning to do for hardware/lugs?

Thanks in advance,
John

#149 ·
I'm very significantly lowered on Ground Control bushings and custom 8" Eibach 650 lb-in springs.

These wheels will have less clearance to the trailing arms than stock, but a few millimeters more than Linea Corse LC855 wheels that definitely rub. It's anyone's guess as to whether you'll rub during hard cornering with stock trailing arms.

Hardware wise, Forgestar recommends 245/40-19 and 275/35-19 tires. You might be able to do 255 tires in front if you're at stock height. Otherwise, I think you're going to have to run 245s. Stock with 275s in the rear unless you have aftermarket trailing arms.

The wheels come with Forgestar end caps. The Cadillac ones won't fit because they're too big. I'm going with Gorilla keyed lug nuts.

#157 ·
Here is the email from Forgestar:

"The first batch of groupbuy orders for the CTS-V will ship out this week. The Titanium and the Brushed Titanium finishes will be the first colors that come off the powdercoating line. We are looking to ship those two finishes by the end of this week with tracking numbers. The remaining colors will be scheduled to ship out late next week. Thanks for your patience with us in this long ordeal. We wanted to make sure everything was perfect and no short cuts were taken to give all Cadillac owners the quality product you guys deserve."

#159 · (Edited)
Some of you can expect calls today. Just plopped down the balance of my order. Vince is going to send some pics out of the oven shortly. I'll post them for you guys.

Also wheels are lighter than they originally estimated. Can't remember exact numbers, but less than 24 lbs both front and rear IIRC.

#164 ·
Fuzzy- What color did you order? I will be contact with them today/tomorrow to check on our orders and place some new orders as well. If anyone missed out on the first batch, send me a PM/Email to place your order!

#166 ·
At first I thought thy sent the wrong color. Then I forgot that titanium has a black base coat. Looks like I'll have them on the car Saturday morning since I fell asleep at the tire. #badpun

One other thing that struck me: the deep concave in all of the photos we've seen (including mine below) cannot be captured properly. These things are DEEP. In fact, I'm gonna eat some cereal out of these after I post this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.