Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX mods! *Very pic heavy*

119K views 183 replies 69 participants last post by  DavidH62 
#1 ·
So, i got all my interior lights swapped out from crappy yellow (stock 3900K incandescent), to sweet 6000K LED. From V-LEDs.com. A GREAT upgrade over stock! :D Easy as pie too. All you need is a tiny head flathead screwdriver, and a medium torx for the rear seat "light guard", you'll see. Fourteen lights in all.
Also, WeatherTech front mats installed. Very nice!

Second also, Murray's installed my grill and fixed my front bumper! :D And in another week, tint and 3M!

Floor mats- in the stock lighting - Dark Titanium interior

Visor vanity lights -6000K colour (shown) is likely to mess with Ladies' makeup colour, recommend 5000K for Pure White light

Side by side comparo

Interior lights -pictures show clips and recommended insert points for screwdriver. Centre console lights (first shown) are tricky, use a cloth and driver to "pry" the lights out, careful, or you'll pop the chrome housing out of its clips. (My brother did that, :()

See less See more
#129 ·
Hey capt the g 4 2 pin for the backup any suggestions where buy , Vleds don't carry and I believe you told me to get no bigger than 3 leds deep and 2 wide?

----------

awesome. I also was able to get a 2013 all chrome grill on ebay and put it on my 2010 perfect fit. looks awesome all chrome

----------

awesome. I also was able to get a 2013 all chrome grill on ebay from a liquidator some guy who changed his grill to a custom job like yours only $200. Perfect fit. looks awesome

#137 ·
Initially, yes. But they both burnt out within five months so I just use Nokya Stage 2 7000K halogen bulbs now.

#139 ·
The '10-'12's didn't use CANBUS lights, but I guess if the '13 is saying you have a light out, then maybe they added it in. A resistor will have to be added, or a CANBUS ready bulb replaced in order to rid of the warnings.

#141 ·
New to the Cadillac world after picking up my first one and was looking into changing the interior bulbs to LEDs.... Everyone using 194s go with 5k or 6k LEDs? Also I've read the thread and reposting by TheCaptain, but I'm not seeing the under
door "puddle" lamps listed... Has anyone replaced these and are they the same 194 type bulbs as well? Trying to get everything in line before I make a mass LED purchase to replace them all at once ;)

Thanks in advance!!

#149 ·
Xancrus, the LED you have linked to, is a directional light (most light out the front). It will fit, but will not put out optimal light since the SRX lights are mounted sideways in most cases. I went with some of the 360* leds so it doesn't matter which way it's mounted, light is optimally outputting in every direction.

#150 ·
Thanks for all the help here folks! Put the LEDs in today (was waiting for a day where it was above freezing so I didn't crack a cover). I've got them all installed but the 2nd row passenger lights. I can't see to figure out how to get the covers off without possibly breaking them. These are the push button lights -- I was able to get the puddle lamps changed out. Do I have to take the whole door handle assembly off to get to the bulbs?

#151 ·
I too had trouble removing the push lenses. I didn't want to risk breaking them so I took off the grab handles. Just pry off each cover. There is a bolt under each cover. The handle then pulls out. Then you can access the back of the light. Free the side that pushes first and then help push the other side of the lens tabs out with a small screwdriver. Then you can pull it all the way off. I know Captain said he didn't have to do all that but it worked for me and only took an extra couple minutes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#152 ·
Post #2 shows the rear seat lights, including the plastic lens and the holder in the vehicle. The two legs of the lens fit in the two side holes on the vehicle light bucket. The end of the lens has the clip where I started pulling it out (oriented to the front of the vehicle.)

#153 ·
Hello captain I have a question please...I just bought a 2011 Cadillac Srx, and I am in the process swapping those ugly yellow lights for led light interior...my question is those light in the vanity r they clipped and need a flat long nose player to clip them out?...sorry don't know much about car but trying to learn...

#154 ·
Yea, a small screwdriver would work good to get them out. Just be careful to not come in contact with anything metallic while popping the lights out.

#156 ·
Hey Captain
thanks for the idea:) i went with these in my 2013 work just fine nice and bright inside now
Maximumk you dont need resistors for the interior lights, you only have to add the resistors it you are changing the blinker lights!
also remember these are LED lights they have a polarity so if the dont light plugged in one way reverse them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261319556497?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

#157 ·
As ezed said, I didn't do signals, so I had no need for resistors; or any need for anything other than direct replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.