Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#277 ·
Thanks Chad :)
Hey ,what a nice stuff you have .I should have taken the pics of my 'lade and EXT remote side by side as well

#279 ·
That's such a great car. And I'm glad you're actually driving it, and not locking it up from the light of day forever.

Tell me, have you taken it to any shows and such yet?

#280 ·
I'm gonna try and keep the miles low, but I'm also going to enjoy it and drive it enough to keep everything in good working order. It would have been a shame if this thing was never driven and the drivetrain suffered for it. Plus, it's just fun as hell to drive, as I'm sure you know. Haven't taken it to a show yet, maybe in the fall when things are a bit cooler.

#281 ·

My 88 brougham d'Elegance, I am new here, and will be here from time to time......

This car sat in my ex-wifes driveway for a year and a half, without running!!
I had expressed interest in the car, and she had initially wanted $500 for the car, I was driving truck, and saving my pennies when one day she called me on my cell, and said, "Bring a battery, and get it out of here!!"
(I had up over a grand in my account at that time!) Besides gas, $56.58 is all I spent on getting this 307cid Caddy going again, and she is a beautiful car!!

143,xxx is all she has on her, and I call her my "LAND YACHT"

#298 ·
My father bought the car in Apr '71 new for just over $7,000.
It was a special order that never got picked up.
Guy offered to sell to Dad and he was in a market for a car.
He drove it off the lot with zero interest and a handshake.
Paid off the dealer in about 4 months.
Towed the kids around with a Terry Trailer during summers.
Could only go around 100 miles with the trailer on it and 27 gallons in the tank.
Dad can't drive it anymore at 86, so he passed her on to me.

#291 ·
1984 Cadillac Coupe Deville, my first car and my dream car at the same time!

Attachments

#294 ·
Dude, kickass! That reminds me so much of my '83 Coupe when I got her. She needed some TLC and I was the one to give it. All the same issues as yours, cracking bumper fillers, dirty interior, general neglect. But these cars really can clean up well. I'm sure you'll find that out yourself.

Here's mine, the day I brought her home.

And then, right before I passed her on to her next care giver.

Again, sweet car, please keep us updated :)

#292 ·
Do you know if your front turn signal lights were changed at some point? Because the clear signal lenses with the gold Crest and Wings are from an '85 or below Brougham.

Correct me if im wrong, but Devilles only came with the clear lenses with no Gold Wings.

#301 ·
What a beast! Love it! :thumbsup:

#303 ·
Hey Craig, now that you can take such wonderful pictures - how about some new shots of the 77CDV?

#313 ·
Yeah, it's finally happening! I'm going with a local painter who did a 1951 Chevrolet for a guy I know. He does wonderful work, and I trust him. It's going to be the original color, of course and it's going to be wet-sanded and buffed to a mirror shine. All new rear fillers, all dents filled, bumpers removed, the whole enchilada. And I'm getting different than factory pin striping, so I'm having him do tape in case I want to go back to stock later. It'll look good, and I'll post after it's done. I also have a couple other things going on it.