life of a HID
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Sharp HID Discussion, life of a HID in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; ok so im just curiouse i know i used to have to change my OEM bulbs on any car like ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

life of a HID

ok so im just curiouse i know i used to have to change my OEM bulbs on any car like every 3 or 4 years
    how long should a HID bulb last do they have a long life span or should they be changed out every 2 or 3 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 how many years should i exspect them to do what they are supposed to

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SharpHID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: life of a HID

Hey,
    They are rated for 5000 hours. I have many customers who have been using them 5+ years without issues. On some we see them fail earlier in life. Part of the issue is that the vehicle can often kill components of the kits as they were never designed from the factory for them. Most of the time it isn't an issue but occasionally we see components fail earlier in life. I wouldn't replace them for the sake of replacing them unless you want a different color etc.

Regards
    John

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

ok cool thanks
    the reasoni asked is caused i am thinking of just buying a replacment set of bulb to have in the garage for when these do go don't want to have to order and wait 2 weeks for replacments to come or anything i know the bulbs have a lifetime warranty but still that means i have to send them in then wait for them to be returned wich is kind of a pain in the tail to wait

SharpHID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Keep in mind the ballasts can also go bad, not just the bulbs. The cheaper alternative is to just keep your original halogen bulbs handy.

John

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.