HID Help..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Sharp HID Discussion, HID Help.. in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; i want to put HID's on my 05 CTS....are dere any suggestions on which i should buy?...and also, if i ...
    JohnnyBoii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

HID Help..

i want to put HID's on my 05 CTS....are dere any suggestions on which i should buy?...and also, if i wanted to installl a bulb on my 2005 CTS would i need to remove the entire headlamp unit?...1 more question...my headlamps are "cloudy" and foggy on the inside...is dere n e thing i can do to remove dat fog, or wud i have to buy new headlamps??...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SharpHID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: HID Help..

Hello,
    We have kits for that vehicle. No extra harnesses are required so you simply need to order the kit in the bulb type you require for your headlights. I believe you have to pull the headlights out of the car on that vehicle due to space limitations. The haziness and fog can be cleaned up with a headlight restoration kit such as the Mother's product with the power ball you install on a drill. I have used it and it works very well. If the haziness is on the inside you will need to pull your headlight apart to do this. You may also want to see if Cadillac has a warranty on that as personally I would consider that a safety issue.

Regards,
    John

JohnnyBoii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

would it matter if i get the 35W kit or the 55W kit??....whats the difference?....ohh nd thanx for da suggestions...

SharpHID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The 55w kit is 35-40% brighter than the 35w kit. It is really a matter of your preference whether you want the extra light. I run 55w kits on my vehicle's including a 1986 BMW E30.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.