just ordered for my 2002 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sharp HID Discussion, just ordered for my 2002 dts in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; ok, after weeks of should i or better yet.....will my wife kill me, i have finally ordered the lights. i ...
    DonRSD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond Deville DTS

Thumbs up just ordered for my 2002 dts

ok, after weeks of should i or better yet.....will my wife kill me, i have finally ordered the lights.

i ordered 2 sets for my 2002 deville dts
    9006 35watt 5000k
    880 35 watt 880

one for the reg low beams and one for the fog lights.

im very anxious to get the HID's, but im also worried about mounting the ballast for the fogs.

any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SharpHID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: just ordered for my 2002 dts

Thank you for your order! I have not personally installed HIDs on the DTS but you basically want the ballasts secured anywhere they will hold tight. I imagine for the fogs there is some room under there.

Regards,
    John

im sure there is some space to mount them, i just wouldnt know where.

thanks for the prompt reply.

i did some research on these forums and all the positive things people said about your HID's it was no question where to buy them from.

thanks for the good price & the facebook discount!

-Ricky

ill report back when i get them delivered & installed.......with pics of course

Ricky,
    Thank you for your business with us! We are happy to help if anything comes up.

Regards,
    John

Fast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville DTS

I just installed mine the other day, the plugs are reversed polarity so you will have to hook them up backwards with the OEM connector. There is info on the SharpHID website explaining this. I hooked mine up and the lights didn't work and was baffled but after reading the troubleshooting I reversed them and all was well they are awesome by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I just installed mine the other day, the plugs are reversed polarity so you will have to hook them up backwards with the OEM connector. There is info on the SharpHID website explaining this. I hooked mine up and the lights didn't work and was baffled but after reading the troubleshooting I reversed them and all was well they are awesome by the way!
    ive read the same exact thing.
    i was a little more worried about buying an adaptor or whatever from sharphid for extra $$$.

hopefully the lights arrive by this friday so i can put them in before the weekend.
    hurry up and ship them john lol

ok the lights arrived today!!! (thanks john)

do i have to remove the entire front light assembly to get the old light out / new hid light in or what?

im a little confused here as this past weekend when i went to change my front turn signal, i couldnt figure out how to remove the old bulb.

any help would be appreciated

Hello,
    I have not personally done an installation on that vehicle so I don't know. I'm sure there are posts here on the forum related to it from other customer's having done it. How you dismantle your car is up to you - the kit simply needs to connect to your OEM plug.

Anyone else have some information on this?

Regards,
    John

Fast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville DTS

There are three bolts holding the headlight in. You have to take them out and drill a 1 inch hole in the removable covers that access the bulbs. Then plug them in pretty much. You will have to reverse the plug when plugging in the OEM power plug to the new harness because it is reverse polarity and will not work at all connected the other way.

john....great product with the HIDs.
    what a difference driving at night.

thank you so much.

only thing is i shouldve bought the 55 watt regular lights and keep my 35 watt fogs.
    oh well......(any exchanges lol)

you have a solid customer here and will be in contact soon for lights for my wife's 2010 honda accord

Thank you for the great feedback! I'm glad you like the kits. Unfortunately we can't exchange the kit once used but the components are all compatible with each other if you have another vehicle you want a 35w kit on. Our bulbs will work on either a 35w or 55w ballast.

I'd love to see some photos if you have any.

Regards,
    John

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Hi, i have a quesion. i have 2000 DHS too, if i install the HID do i need to install Projector too ?

Thank you for posting your questions. Projectors are not required for HIDs and are not necessarily recommended depending on your application. The simplest way to upgrade to HIDs is to get the kit in the bulb type required for your existing headlights. The improvement will be astonishing and you will find your existing lights are more than sufficient.

John

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i see. thank you so much. so what is the kit you recoment i should buy and does it plug and play ?
    i don't want rewire my car. and i don't know what kind of bulb my car have too.
    and should i choose 55W or 35W. i saw in your site the 55W brighter but does it hurt my Electronic ?

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    There are three bolts holding the headlight in. You have to take them out and drill a 1 inch hole in the removable covers that access the bulbs. Then plug them in pretty much. You will have to reverse the plug when plugging in the OEM power plug to the new harness because it is reverse polarity and will not work at all connected the other way.
    how come in your DTS Deville you had to drill holes in the back of the headlamps ? is that what your saying

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.