Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Engine Or Trans?????

Engine Or Trans?????

Hello Everybody I Have A Serious Problem With The 93 Fwb Seems Like Everytime I Start My Engine Up When Its Cold And Drive It Around I Get A Delay Shift Going To 1-2 Gears It Doesnt Want To Change Gears And Hear A Grinding Noise And Like A Knock Coming From The Bottom .The Shifting Gets Better After The Car Warms Up But Even Then If I Press The Acclerator All The Way Down It Still Doesnt Want To Make The Shift And Get The Gringindg And Knocking Noise I Have To Let Go Of The Gas And Hit Again In Other For The Change To Happen, Today I Tried Putting The Car In Park And Just Giving It Gas And When I Have A Little Bit More Then Half Way Down I Still Get A Knocking Nosie. What Can The Probelm Be? I Took It To Ammco They Told Me I Have A Engine Performance Problem And Need A New Transmission For Get This 1500 Plus Tax! Anyone Out Here Have Any Ideas This Is Driving Me Crazy I Want To At Least Know That The Problem Is. Any Help I Would Gladly Appreciate It Thank U All In Advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Engine Or Trans?????

If it occurs when shifting that indicated a tranny problem to me. Along with it gets better as it warms...

hows your tranny fluid condition.....??

Can you tell where the knocking is coming from.. ?