fleetwood carb rebuild
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, fleetwood carb rebuild in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey all. On my 86 Fleetwood Brougham with an olds 307 - I'm rebuilding the carb because it was filthly ...
    hankk17 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Eldorado x2; 99 Eldorado

fleetwood carb rebuild

Hey all.

On my 86 Fleetwood Brougham with an olds 307 - I'm rebuilding the carb because it was filthly and seriously carbon fouled.

Any tips or things to watch out for?

Any reason that the choke is not adjustable and the needle valves have been capped off?

I'm not going to touch either of them aside from cleaning and re-assembling.. but was curious as to why they were setup this way.

Thanks!

-Hankk17

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FASSTWOOD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: fleetwood carb rebuild

They do sell a kit which is like a little hole saw to access those set screws I think hygrade made it

Quote Originally Posted by FASSTWOOD
    They do sell a kit which is like a little hole saw to access those set screws I think hygrade made it
    I can easily get to the screws.. it'd just be a matter of using a chisel and cutting out the bits of metal holding the plugs in place over the adjustment screws.

The question is - should I, or should I just leave it alone? At this point I have only cleaned and re-assembled the carb. It hasn't gone back on the engine yet.

FASSTWOOD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

I would chisel them out just to have access to them just in case. It wouldn't hurt....

Imprl59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

These were covered to stop people from futzing with them causing the engine to go out of spec on emissions. I would go ahead and remove them now just in case you ever need to make an adjustment.

Steve B.

actually, I took the safe way out and just left the caps on. I put it all back togther today and it runs 100X better - no need to futz with the needle valves, so I didn't even bother.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.