1993 FWB Performance Upgrade ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1993 FWB Performance Upgrade ??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Okay I Been Reading Alot Of This Threads And I See Alot Of Great Ideas How To Do Mods On ...
    Hcortez21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1993 FWB Performance Upgrade ???

Okay I Been Reading Alot Of This Threads And I See Alot Of Great Ideas How To Do Mods On The 1994-1996 Fwb Lt1's And Exhuast Upgrading Now Does Anyone Out There Have A 1993 With The L05 Engine With Any Engine Mods? Or Any Exhuast Mods? I Know The 1994-1996 Fwb Come With Factory Dual Exhaust System Is It Possible To Do That With 1993 Fwb Without Any Manifold Mods?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 1993 FWB Performance Upgrade ???

I've been wondering the same thing. My '93 has gobs of power on the highway (yeah, it really does) and is generally like a turbine, but could use a little more on the bottom end. That, and I think a quality dual exhaust would be great on this car...something that allows better breathing and more rumble, but not raspy or loud like a redneck truck.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

The dual setup would be fairly easy. The only area of concern is the transmission crossmember. This will have to be changed over to the 94-96 version to allow for pipe access on the driver side. The part # is 10249414 and lists for $47. Once you have this, headers and cats can be added and then an aftermarket (ImpalaSS + 6") exhaust will finish it out.

If you need some stock manifolds and dual cats with O2 sensors, I would let mine go for $100 + shipping.

94-96 Exhaust parts:
    #10168494 $155.00 Left exhaust manifold
    #12524289 $106.00 Right exhaust manifold
    #25153057 $307.00 Left converter with front pipe attached
    #25153052 $307.00 Right Converter with front pipe attached
    #10250711 $161.00 Left muffler and pipe
    #10250710 $147.00 Right muffler and pipe
    #10204051 $138.00 Left resonator
    #10222983 $138.00 Right resonator
    $1459 total... whew, maybe the headers and aftermarket are the way to go.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Any idea how much changing over to a dual setup on a '93 would change the whisper-like vaccum it sounds like now?

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

My 1991 has a lot of power in the city. I never driven an LT1 car so I don't know what they're like.

I like dual exhaust but I think mine is good enough without it. Plus last year everything behind the cat was replaced so after spending a lot of money on that I won't want to change anything for a while.

Do the LT1 exhaust manifolds fit on the older 5.7L? And does that dofferent crossmember fit on the older ones too?

JAKE91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 FWB, 1979 COUP DE VILLE,'92 ROADMASTER

I WONDER IF YOU COULD BUY A PERFORMANCE COMPUTER CHIP FOR THE '93-96 BROUGHAMS?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.