Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Reseal rear window???

588 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tyler little 
#1 ·
Over the past week, I've noticed a LOT of creaking coming from the back of my 1995 Fleetwood. I went back there to inspect, and it seems the adhesive on my rear window has given up the ghost. I can put my hand on it and it flexes about ever-so-gently, and causes a ton of noise.

Has anyone ever had to have their rear windshield re-sealed? Unfortunately, my car has a vinyl top, so it will have to be partially peeled back. I'm just wondering how much of a process this is. I swear to god this is going to be the last car I own with a vinyl roof. They're nothing but goddamn trouble.

#4 ·
The seal around my back window is okay not to the point where it makes creaking sounds like yours. I took my car to the car wash yesterday and noticed noticed little drops of water had made its way under the vinyl top and ran down the back window on the inside of the car. Not sure weather or not if this is a repair I can do myself or have a professional do, as I'm not quite sure how to go about peeling the vinyl without damaging it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.