Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As you can see I'm no Photoshop expert - but anyways.. One of the few things I don't Love about ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification.

As you can see I'm no Photoshop expert - but anyways.. One of the few things I don't Love about my Fleetwood Brougham is how the front-end looks very out-dated. I love the rear - and I think the sides are fine - it's just the front that looks a little boring to me.. How much would it cost to get something fabricated to fit like this?
    Attached Images
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification.

Actually that looks kinda cool, like an Escalade front But my first question is, what are you doing at the Lincoln Dealership!!!?

Spock is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification.

Escalade front end? It actually looks really good. If you can get that done, it'd be really sweet.

The fronts are a bit boring aren't they eh? Nice photoshop job though!

Spock is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

LINCOLN DEALERSHIP?! *zooms in*

lol *shakes finger* Very bad man!

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I don't like those front ends too much. But if they did want to go after the big car market again they could always take that style of Fleetwood, throw the front end on it and then make it match the rest of the car. You wouldn't think it would be too hard to do but I guess maybe they still wouldn't be able to sell the big rear wheel drive :disappoin

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I agree that the front could use something. Not sure if the 'new' look would fit with the design of the rest of the car though.

As for cost? Let's say 10 grand +/- a few grand. You need to rework the hood and fenders. That takes metal crafting skills. You need to make new mounting positions for grille, bumper and headlights. You need to make new headlight that mimic the Escalade design but are small enough to fit. You need to mold a bumper and make it out of fiberglass, along with the insert between the headlight and grille.

I could go on, but I think I've pushed it closer to 20 g's.

They key is how to change headlights, grille and bumper without much body modification. For that, you might look at other makes and models for stuff that could be made to fit.

And remember that you need to keep the front bumper chrome OR paint the rest of the chrome trim.

FTSS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    the front-end looks very out-dated.
    Good artwork! And my thoughts exactly. The "Sixteen" concept has good front-end stuff going on. In fact, the only thing I like about that little compact CTS is the headlights. I was trying to figure out how to graft them onto my rig. But, your idea has a better finished look. BTW, nice grille emblem.

theGman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '96 FWB; '96 STS

While I like the current front end, make 2 and I'll buy one from you! I like it too. I just wonder how the rest of the lines would blend. I'll try to use my imagination on that one.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Hmm, that looks very nice. It would almost be the 21st century fleetwood!

Id be interested in finding a way to incorporate the chrome bumper, because I really like that.!!!

lev
    lev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

fugly

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Thanks all - except Lev! It's not exactly proportionate - so the real thing would look better.. I'd love to have a similar front-end along with that console mod with navigation...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Big80sBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance

Oh man.....i cant say i think that looks to good. the Fleetwood Brougham is beautiful just the way it is. You want to replace a big chrome bumper and grille with that painted stuff......??? I disagree 100%

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Sorry, but I don't like it! I like the car the way is was designed. Also, I have a '93 Sixty~Special *and* an '03 Town Car. Where is it written (I musta missed it) that to love Caddies (I do) that one must hate Lincolns? I love them both, equally and have zero complaints with either of them. I think that they have always (well, since the mid-Sixties) been equal cars. Not so one step down, however. The Mercurys could never hold a candle to the Olds 98s & Buick Electras (name prior to Park Avenue, if you are under 35). The reason I bought a Town Car over a de Ville was because my local Caddy dealer retred after 53 years in business at the same location, and sold the land to a developer (Condos, what else???). The next closest Caddy dealer is just too far away and requires driving on two major highways where 65 MPH is {almost} mandatory for like 22 miles! Not good idea if/when you have "car trouble" and are trying to get to your dealership. The Lincoln dealer closest to me is 9 miles away on suburban residential 25 MPH roads and is the #1 L-M dealer in America for CSI with an entire wall of awards, and a constant CSI of 99.1%. Thusly, I bought the Town Car, but I still love Caddies, too. However, I would never buy German or Japanese "luxury cars". Possibly Jaguar and/or Volvo or Saab, but very doubtful!

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Where is it written (I musta missed it) that to love Caddies (I do) that one must hate Lincolns?
    I agree with that. My first car was a 1989 Lincoln Mark VII and I loved it to death, pitty death wasn't too far away for it. I tried the Lincolns, and now I'm trying the Cadillacs. Nothing wrong with that.

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Where is it written (I musta missed it) that to love Caddies (I do) that one must hate Lincolns?
    Especially since they were both founded by the same man.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.