Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The problem with the front-end of the Fleetwood Brougham, to me, is it's outdated. To me, the rear-end will always ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification.

The problem with the front-end of the Fleetwood Brougham, to me, is it's outdated. To me, the rear-end will always be classy-looking. I don't want to change that.. Now while I'd like to drive a new-looking car, there's nothing out there that I REALLY like and want. I like everything about this car but the fact that it's a little dated.. If the front fascia and interior could look a little newer, I know I'd never need another car.

On the other hand, I'm almost positive Cadillac will be making a car bigger than the DeVille in the near future. If I can afford it, I'll likely have exactly what I'm looking for...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Re: Don't laugh too hard now - but I'd like this Fleetwood front-end modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Sorry, but I don't like it! I like the car the way is was designed. Also, I have a '93 Sixty~Special *and* an '03 Town Car. Where is it written (I musta missed it) that to love Caddies (I do) that one must hate Lincolns? I love them both, equally and have zero complaints with either of them. I think that they have always (well, since the mid-Sixties) been equal cars. Not so one step down, however. The Mercurys could never hold a candle to the Olds 98s & Buick Electras (name prior to Park Avenue, if you are under 35). The reason I bought a Town Car over a de Ville was because my local Caddy dealer retred after 53 years in business at the same location, and sold the land to a developer (Condos, what else???). The next closest Caddy dealer is just too far away and requires driving on two major highways where 65 MPH is {almost} mandatory for like 22 miles! Not good idea if/when you have "car trouble" and are trying to get to your dealership. The Lincoln dealer closest to me is 9 miles away on suburban residential 25 MPH roads and is the #1 L-M dealer in America for CSI with an entire wall of awards, and a constant CSI of 99.1%. Thusly, I bought the Town Car, but I still love Caddies, too. However, I would never buy German or Japanese "luxury cars". Possibly Jaguar and/or Volvo or Saab, but very doubtful!
    I agree, and despite the fact that you will hate this, and as I mentioned in another post... where is it written that one must HATE Mercedes' to love Cadillac?? I think like Cadillac (and to a much lesser extent Lincoln) Mercedes has a true passion in building fine quality automobiles, though theyve faltered a bit of late, some of their classic heritage (the SL's, the big Diesels and etc) shows how similar the two really are in taking their vehicles to new limits, and maintaining ultra class and high style while doing it, much like Cadillac.

On that note... I FINALLY saw a Town Car limited the other day! I always wondered why you had "Limited Edition" on the end and was always looking for a Limited one and did see it the other day. What differentiates the Limited from the Cartier or Signature series? Do they have HID lights (you knew I was going to ask that)

BTW Sal... thumbs down on the EscaWood... the rest of the body lines would not conform properly with that front end if you ask me. (And actually if you look at the small version of the picture, thats the basic idea Cadillac had already used in the 2000+ Deville)

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

The LIMITED came out in December of 2002 (as a 2003) and is the new "top of the line". Last year (2003) it was posistioned above the Cartier, and this year (2004) the Cartier is gone, replaced by the Limited. The 2003 version actually had features that Lincoln (sadly) pulled off of trhe 2004 ! The Limited has absolutley every option, on it as standard equipment. There are no options to be had on a Limited. Impossible! Items that were optional on Cartier that were standard on Limited:-
    HID lights
    FOG LIGHTS built in below the bumper (Grabbed OFF for 2004)
    Perforated Duo-Tone interior leather, Monogramed Floor Mats
    Unique exclusive to series wheels
    Add'l. Interior Red Burlwood Trim (REAL)
    Unique Grille. Vertical Bars in Polished Charcoal, rather than chrome, but retaining the chrome surround.
    and 5 items made standard that are/were optional on the Cartier, including Moonroof,
    Power Open & Power lower from full height & secure trunk lid
    Rainsence Wipers
    Built In picnic Basket in Trunk
    Trunk Mtd 6 Disc Auto Changer CD
    Plus
    One exclusive paint color, only available on the Limited: Monterey Mist Green Firemist Paint (Loads of glitter-like particles in it. (Silver-Green (light) ) Which is what mine is, with Latte interior (Light Latte & a darker Latte. (The color of cream of mushroom soup).
    7 other regular color were also available: Pearl White/Black/Dark Green/Light Gold/Ivory/Silver and Charcoal Grey.

They built 1,500 Limited out of 81,125 Town Cars for 2003. Good Find !
    You can tell quickly if the Grille Grid in dark charcoal instead of chrome & by the L I M IT E D badge on the "C" Pillar. (Great car, I love it, Zero Problems)

Click here to see, if it does not automatically post the print:
    http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/greenKIN.jpg and yes it has a 1" higher road stance

The 2004 has 2-tone exterior of White over fawn-gold
    or
    Ivory over fawn gold
    or Silver over charcoal Grey.
    The '04 has a brushed aluminum applique over the "B" pillar, and the price came way down as they grabbed off the HIDs Rainsence Wipers, Fog Lights, CD Changer and Picnic Basket and mved them to a new-for-the Limited Option list! Yup, even the Moonroof is now X-tra, too! Special Interior remains as does the grille, and exterior badging.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    The LIMITED came out in December of 2002 (as a 2003) and is the new "top of the line". Last year (2003) it was posistioned above the Cartier, and this year (2004) the Cartier is gone, replaced by the Limited. The 2003 version actually had features that Lincoln (sadly) pulled off of trhe 2004 ! The Limited has absolutley every option, on it as standard equipment. There are no options to be had on a Limited. Impossible! Items that were optional on Cartier that were standard on Limited:-
    HID lights
    FOG LIGHTS built in below the bumper (Grabbed OFF for 2004)
    Perforated Duo-Tone interior leather, Monogramed Floor Mats
    Unique exclusive to series wheels
    Add'l. Interior Red Burlwood Trim (REAL)
    Unique Grille. Vertical Bars in Polished Charcoal, rather than chrome, but retaining the chrome surround.
    and 5 items made standard that are/were optional on the Cartier, including Moonroof,
    Power Open & Power lower from full height & secure trunk lid
    Rainsence Wipers
    Built In picnic Basket in Trunk
    Trunk Mtd 6 Disc Auto Changer CD
    Plus
    One exclusive paint color, only available on the Limited: Monterey Mist Green Firemist Paint (Loads of glitter-like particles in it. (Silver-Green (light) ) Which is what mine is, with Latte interior (Light Latte & a darker Latte. (The color of cream of mushroom soup).
    7 other regular color were also available: Pearl White/Black/Dark Green/Light Gold/Ivory/Silver and Charcoal Grey.

They built 1,500 Limited out of 81,125 Town Cars for 2003. Good Find !
    You can tell quickly if the Grille Grid in dark charcoal instead of chrome & by the L I M IT E D badge on the "C" Pillar. (Great car, I love it, Zero Problems)

Click here to see, if it does not automatically post the print:
    http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/greenKIN.jpg
    WHOA! I love it!

The one I saw yesterday was a black one and it did in fact have the LIMITED badge on the rear pillar as you mentioned. I tell you what Sandy, if there is a car I would EASILY take over the LS430 it would be the newest TC. I just love the thing, I had one as a rental when I visited california and by FAR, it is one of the few cars IMO, that makes effective use of ride control. It had power, and a smoothness that I havent felt in anything in along time, and a big fat wood wrapped steering wheel to boot. Mine had the hertz neverlost in it too which was really cool. Definitely better not hear anyone around these parts knocking your choice on that one, its a true definition of RWD American Luxury, and im a pretty Avid Cadillac supporter. On the flip-side, I drove a Crown Vic the other day, which shares its platform with your TC, and I was very disappointed, so theyve definitely stirred some sort of magic into the TC pot for sure.

I was torn between the T.C. and an Infiniti M45. I went to look at the T.C. first. I've bought Lincolns prior (1998 Mark 8 LSC C.E.) and went to my dealer/salesman and he always drive a new T.C. ~ So I took ouit his Demo T.C. and drove it for 20 minutes. Went to an Industral Park (closed on Saturday) and did "twisties" at 45 MPH, tossing the T.C. around as if a Focus. I was blowen away by the agility of the largest car (non Limo - Non Maybach) in the world's ability to take whatever I dished out, including a panic stop from 50MPH. (My wife was by then screamin' at me) :madtalkin !!
    Anyhow, I drove the car like a mad-man and then took it back. She listed at $47,645 (MY Limited) ~ My dealer gave me $3,000 Discount, there was $4,000.00 Factory-To-Consumer rebate, and $1,200.00 Factory-To-Dealer Rebate, which my dealer split with me, so I got $600.00 and then there was $1,000 Lincoln Owner Loyality Rebate and since I had a 1998 Mark 8 LSC C.E. I was entitled to that, and because I am over 50 years (a little ) I joined AARP for $25.00 and *IF* a member AARP paid a bonus if you bought a Lincoln all of last year (2003) of $500.00. So, in total, I got $9,100 off of MSRLP. So, she was $38,545.00. I sold my Mark VIII for $17,000 (had 17,000 miles on it, in 5 years was flawless) so, the T.C. cost me outta pocket just $21,550 + Sales Tax & Plates... "Such a Deal" ~ ~

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

HAHAHA! The Four-Pointed Star has invaded the Wreathed Crest strong hold!
    FIIIIIIIIGHT!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

This is totally off-topic but I'd love to hear an unbiased report on the driving experience between a brand new Lexus LS430 and a Lincoln Town Car Limited...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

If you had asked for the same between a Lincoln T.C. LTD and an Infiniti Q45 I coulda helped you!! I drove that car for an hour.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.